• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Dixon Air Hawk Strip and Howard Chaykin Flagg Page!

1 post in this topic

Two new CAF additions which were paid for last year but only just arrived in the last couple of days:

John Dixon Air Hawk and the Flying Doctor newspaper strip -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=714982&GSub=108553

John Dixon is recognised as a legend in the Australian comics scene having worked on various titles from the late 1940s onwards. However, it was his creation, the adventure newspaper strip Air Hawk and the Flying Doctor for which he is best known. The strip was published in major Australian newspapers from 1959 through to the mid 1980s and even appeared in the Menomonee Falls Gazette . John moved to California some yeas ago where he worked in the movie and advertising fields.

I got in touch with John via Australian comics historian, Nat Karmichael who will soon be releasing Volume 1 of Air Hawk and the Flying Doctor. I asked John if he had any Air Hawk strips available for sale. He said that he preferred not to sell the strips at this time but was happy to present me with one as a gift! I was thrilled by his consideration and generosity and delighted to add this lovely example of John's work to my CAF gallery - thanks John!

Howard Chaykin American Flagg Hardcover short story Page 7 -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=714833&GSub=65065

This page is part of a 12 page new American Flagg story which was included in the AF Hardcover collection released in 2008. I spoke with Howard a couple of years back about purchasing a page from the book but the pages were misplaced until recently when Mitch Itkowitz kindly got in touch to let me know they were available - thanks Mitch and thanks Howard!

I hope you enjoy checking out the new additions! :) Best,

Royd