• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

I remember meeting Bernie Wrightson at one of the first Wizard World's in Chicago back in... '97?

Walked right up to his table, no line. Signed my Swamp Thing #7, talked for a bit. I was amazed no one was around his table!

Going to my first Heroes Con this year on Saturday for few hours.

Finally going to get a chance to meet one of my favorite creators, Jim Starlin!

Can't wait!

I remember meeting Bernie Wrightson at one of the first Wizard World's in Chicago back in... '97?

Walked right up to his table, no line. Signed my Swamp Thing #7, talked for a bit. I was amazed no one was around his table!

Can't wait!

I commented about the lines at different artists tables last year. Starlin and Wrightson you could walk right up to. In fact, I spent 15 minutes sitting and chatting with Bernie about the movie jaws. No lines, nothing. Yet, the newer artists had 2 hour long waits for a signatures.

Can't wait!

I commented about the lines at different artists tables last year. Starlin and Wrightson you could walk right up to. In fact, I spent 15 minutes sitting and chatting with Bernie about the movie jaws. No lines, nothing. Yet, the newer artists had 2 hour long waits for a signatures.

Amazing................ain't it?!? (shrug)

so does Wrightson do sketches?

I don't think so. He sells his OA and his sketch book there.

That's correct

Would not do any in Greensboro a few years ago

Just selling OA

I offered him a sick amount of money last year to do a sketch cover. He politely declined.

I'll be happy to hand over my two Swamp Thing # 9's to CGC for Signature series signing and I'll stop by his table and say hey to him and see if there is any OA I might could afford. Maybe he will have a prelim or something.

I'll be happy to hand over my two Swamp Thing # 9's to CGC for Signature series signing and I'll stop by his table and say hey to him and see if there is any OA I might could afford. Maybe he will have a prelim or something.

He did this one :grin:

st198.jpg

joey thats freakin sweet! :headbang: ....so if your going.... then... if i'm lucky... i'll be able to finally see one of those mythical pressing beasts that i've only heard about on the boards.... and in the wild to boot! :o

:jokealert: