• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes 2011

972 posts in this topic

Thought I would let you guys know that Shelton Drum, the person who runs Heroes, his Dad passed away last night.

Stump Drum, may you rest in peace :angel:

horrible news. Will def keep him in my thoughts. I cant imagine having to run a big show like Heroes with that kinda weight on my heart.

Thought I would let you guys know that Shelton Drum, the person who runs Heroes, his Dad passed away last night.

Stump Drum, may you rest in peace :angel:

This is so sad and i feel bad for him.

Does anyone know if there is a address to send our condolences with a nice arrangement?

hm

A Celebration of Life will be held at 3:00 p.m., Sunday May 1, 2011 at First United Methodist Church in Newton with Rev. David Greene and Rev. Laura Greene presiding.

The family will receive friends from 1:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. in the Gomedala Room prior to the service at the church.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to First United Methodist Church, Kitchen Renovation Fund, PO Box 926, Newton, NC 28658 or Catawba County Historical Association, PO Box 73, Newton, NC 28658.

:news:

I have to leave the boards for awhile because of personal reasons.

I will be at the show and solidifying the dinner, but I won't be on the boards for the next month.

If you need to contact me, just send me a pm (I will answer them when I can) .

I will be calling everyone on Friday June 3rd to confirm the Dinner.

thanks and see you at the show.

Thanks

_w

:news:

I have to leave the boards for awhile because of personal reasons.

I will be at the show and solidifying the dinner, but I won't be on the boards for the next month.

If you need to contact me, just send me a pm (I will answer them when I can) .

I will be calling everyone on Friday June 3rd to confirm the Dinner.

thanks and see you at the show.

Thanks

_w

hope everything is ok wally. See you in Charlotte!

Heard some scuttlebutt today about some delaers skipping the show because of increased costs. Anyone heard news like this?

i heard that every year. Its usually the local indie artists who have a hard time paying for tables.

If you haven't heard the latest from the Adam Hughes camp, he will no longer be taking a sketch list in the first 10 minutes of the show. From here on out it is an Ebay auction for each day because somebody went to Boston, got one of the three sketches he did that weekend and immediately flipped it on Ebay.

If you haven't heard the latest from the Adam Hughes camp, he will no longer be taking a sketch list in the first 10 minutes of the show. From here on out it is an Ebay auction for each day because somebody went to Boston, got one of the three sketches he did that weekend and immediately flipped it on Ebay.
Man,that sucks :(

Actually i think thats great? The person who really wants the sketch will get it, and Hughes will get the full amount his artwork is worth. Sounds like a win/win. (shrug)

Actually i think thats great? The person who really wants the sketch will get it, and Hughes will get the full amount his artwork is worth. Sounds like a win/win. (shrug)
Good point hm

Good point hm

I have to admit I'm a little mixed on this one. Adam deserves every penny he can get from anything he draws but I'm going to miss having that opportunity to own a piece of his artwork. I just can't compete with those thousand dollar auction winners. So now I'm trying to decide what time I need to be in line Friday morning since I don't have to make the dash anymore....

Some creators are doing raffles for a sketch opportunity, like Perez @ Pittsburgh. You bought a ticket & then if you won you got your spot on the list then pay for a sketch

Ebay auction for each day? how does that work he posts an auction for the sketch opportunity?

Basically a week to two weeks ahead of time you will see a listing for a guaranteed sketch from Adam Hughes and it will state it is the Friday sketch, Saturday sketch, or Sunday sketch. At the end of the auction you pay, bring in something showing you are you and pick up a sketch at the end of the day.