• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AOA Variant questions

4 posts in this topic

So looking on ebay I see there is a variant cover for x-men alpha rather than a silver chrome xmen on the cover it has gold chrome I'm just looking for some information on this variant about how rare it is & how it was put out in comic shops at the time ...

Was it a 1:25 variant or what did shops have to do to get his one ?.. Also wondering now if there are other variants for the AOA out there ....

AOA is my favorite series. I think each of the X-men Alpha, Omega and Prime all had variants. The mini-series all had second print variants with faded out graphics on the fronts. There are likey more that I do not know of.

Yes I figured they would do a gold xmen logo on omega as well ... Its a fave series as mine as well I know ie helped get me hooked onto marvel comics as a kid anyways :)

I guess you do not know anything about how these were released to comic shops then eh?

X-Men:Prime did not have any variants. Back in 1995, there were few "1:25" variants; rather, variants were printed to a specific number (5,000, 10,000 etc.) and doled out as each publisher saw fit.

The very first "1:X" variant was the Avengylene #1 holochrome/"rainbow chromium" variant, and it was a 1 out of 100 variant. That was 1995. Variants faded in popularity in the late 90's, and the 1:X variant essentially disappeared until about 2005. The Marvel 1:2 #2 variants were the exception.