• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Epic Illustrated (various)

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have the following issues going relatively cheap:

1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 20,22, 27, 32

I need them in VF or above. Please let me know. Thanx

I've got them all in unread condition. (Should have the entire set multiple times over.) Send me a PM. Thx.

I've got hundreds of issues of some of them as well. #1 even comes with that paper letter that accompanied each issue.

I have the entire series as well, although not for sell. One of the interesting things it that the later issues seem to be more expensive and harder to find than earlier ones. (Someone told me that the later issues did not have the print runs that the earlier issues did but I do not know if this is true.) Archie Goodwin, God rest his soul, was the editor for the intire run, although he later received help from Jo Duffy.

I love Epic Illustrated; it was in many ways my favorite comic. Highlights:

Metamorphosis Odyssey serial by Starlin

REH's Almuric, adapted by Goodwin and Conrad

Mirada The She-Wolf by Claremont and Bolton

Last Of The Dragons by Potts, O'Neil, and Austin

While The God Laugh (Elric), adapted by Thomas and Russell

The Last Galactus Story by Byrne and Austin

I am a big fan of Mirada The She-Wolf, which was originally supposed to be a Red Sonja story for Marvel's Bizarre Adventures magazine. Marvel later reprinted some of it in a Marvel Graphic Novel but as far as I know, the character has not appeared since. Here is her first appearence in Epic Illustrated #10:

epic10.jpg

Agreed, Marada was a great series. Epic always seemed to be one of those compilation books where there was one or maybe two stories that made the book worth buying and the rest of the content didn't seem to catch my attention.

Dave H