• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010-11 Star Wars Sketches Presented Here

74 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow Sketch & Comic Collectors :hi:

Cue Star Wars theme music in your heads.... :idea: ...I conceived my grand plan to get an original sketch of each of the 100 original Star Wars action figures that were created by Kenner. So the first couple sketches here were created in late 2009, the rest all in 2010. I gave myself a three-year time frame in which to complete my Jedi task. :wishluck:

How did I come to the 100 figure list you ask? Check this thread here: www.jeditemplearchives.com/specialreports/vintageversusmodern/

I tried my best to get good photos, but some of the pencil sketches are much more detailed than the photos may show. :juggle:

Feel free to comment or to suggest artists for figures that I haven't had represented (thumbs u This has been lots of fun for me and I can't believe I waited an entire year to show some of these. :o

May the Force be with You!

Princess Leia by Dave Bullock (thanks to Jesse). Have to start with the beautiful character first! ;)

029.jpg[/img]

Stormtrooper by Scott Koblish (thanks to Jesse). Stormtroopers are awesome, even if they couldn't hit anything with their blaster shots in the movies. lol

030.jpg[/img]

Power Droid with Jawa by Edward Pun.

003-4.jpg[/img]

R5-D4 with Jawa by Edward Pun. Mr. Pun does work at the Emerald City Con and he was easy to work with. I thought having the Jawas with the droids would be cute. :)

005-2.jpg[/img]

Chewbacca by Mathew Fletcher. Mr. Fletcher is a great artist and a very nice guy! I love the emotion in this piece. :cloud9:

006-3.jpg[/img]

The X-Wing Pilot by Mark Kidwell (thanks to pirate).

008-3.jpg[/img]

The Tie Fighter Pilot by Mark Kidwell (thanks to pirate). I love the Skull Squadron logo on the helmet. :cloud9: I asked for this and the X-Wing Pilot to be in their cockpits in battle and love the result! :)

009-1.jpg[/img]

Boba Fett by Clone War artist Tom Hodges. I met Mr. Hodges at the SF Wondercon and asked him to incorporate Fett's tattoo in his piece. ^^

010.jpg[/img]

Han Solo by Rahsan Ekedal. I met Mr. Ekedal at the SF Wondercon. He is a very talented artist and a very nice fellow! (thumbs u I asked him to show the original Han Solo with his famous blaster and his black vest. I had that toy Star Wars blaster while growing up and must have shot a million Stormtroopers with it over the years :whistle:

011.jpg[/img]

Wicket by Rahsan Ekedal at SF Wondercon. I never used a Secret Invasion cover, but was frantic to find ANY blank at the con. I bought one and it turned out awesome! I did post this sketch a while back too. ;)

013.jpg[/img]

The Emperor's Royal Guard by Ken Haeser (thanks to Par2ch). I also think of this fellow as Kir Kanos.... hm .... (thumbs u .......Can anyone say Crimson Empire Three?

015.jpg[/img]

The Death Star Gunner by Ken Haeser (thanks to Par2ch). I asked for this iconic scene where poor, defenseless Alderaan gets blow to smithereens... :o

016.jpg[/img]

Boba Fett by Tim Bradstreet (big thanks to Jesse). The iconic Boba Fett is the one character I will have multiple sketches of. (worship)

012.jpg[/img]

Mr. Bradstreet created one of the all-time awesome Fett covers for the Boba Fett 1/2 comic back in the late 1990s. Here's one I have signed by him and Jeremy Bulloch, who played Fett in the original films.

BobaFetttwo.jpg[/img]

One more for the evening! I got this awesome Weequay sketch from David Finch at the SF Wondercon. This was my first ever time I got to watch a comic artist actually draw something for me! :acclaim::applause::cloud9: Mr. Finch was very nice and he said he enjoyed drawing something "unusual" like the Weequay. lol

032.jpg[/img]

I have to agree with anthony on that John Higashi has the absolute best star wars sketch collection on the planet. If he did SS sketch covers he would smoke everybody in the Sigroom. I will email him and ask him to comment. He is at the arizona con right now. Maybe he will post some of his commissions. Perhaps his drew struzan or one of the adam hughes one.

I like seeing these sketch covers. The tim bradstreet boba fett is amazing. I have a few sketch from tim that are really nice but none as nice as that bobafett.

Thank you for sharing your sketches (worship) . As a child of the 80's and having all of the above mentioned action figures myself I really dig your collection! It's gotta be fun getting new sketches from different artists! I'm looking forward to your Jek Porkins sketch! lol

Thanks for the comments so far fellas. Time to make you all very jealous.....

Yoda the Jedi Master, by our own Bill Dinh (Billy the Kid). I just asked for Yoda, this is all Bill's awesome composition, force lightning idea, and the green lightsaber for effect! (worship)

019.jpg[/img]

The Emperor. That's all I asked for, and the great BTK give me this... :o:acclaim:(worship) What a talented artist! The Emperor giving the force-lightning beat-down on that upstart Luke Skywalker. :devil:

018.jpg[/img]

Luke Skywalker in Jedi gear. Again, that's all I asked for. And check THIS out! :cloud9: Honestly Bill, this piece should be on a Dark Horse cover and have a limited edition poster made out of it. I've stared at this one for hours on end. Luke versus Vader with the Emperor watching the final duel. :)

020.jpg[/img]

I grew up in the mountains and loved playing in the snow in the winter. My cousins and I would always be on the lookout for those deadly Imperial Snowtroopers... :o The Snowtrooper had the coolest looking armor. I asked Bill, and not only does he produce the trooper, he shows him as the vanguard of the approaching Imperial armada on Hoth! (worship):banana:^^ I absolutely love the detail in this Bill, you are the best! (thumbs u

021.jpg[/img]

So yes boys and girls, I am the proud owner of four, (going on more), of the great Bill Dinh's sketch masterpieces! Composition, lighting, color, detail, imagination, it's all right here folks.

paging john higashi :) Best SW collection on the planet.

You mean aside from George Lucas. He has the best Indiana Jones and Star wars stuff kicking around Skywalker Ranch. Most of the time you inquire an artist about Star Wars art they will tell you it resides in the Lucas Arts Collection. Han Park also has a really nice Star Wars collection, (And by the way he owns the OA to the Boba Fett Wizard cover). I have a small niche of my own but keep some of my pieces from this genre a little more private than the rest of my art.