• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 CGC grade comparison in pictures

26 posts in this topic

Thanks for putting this together. It's a fun view.

I just hope it doesn`t give people any ideas in a certain SA thread devoted to Showcase 22. :P

I think this is already done in someone's signature.

Thankfully I`ve got signatures turned off.

Every once in a while I will get curious and turn sigs back on. I always regret it and promptly turn them back off.

Thanks for putting this together. It's a fun view.

I just hope it doesn`t give people any ideas in a certain SA thread devoted to Showcase 22. :P

I think this is already done in someone's signature.

Thankfully I`ve got signatures turned off.

Every once in a while I will get curious and turn sigs back on. I always regret it and promptly turn them back off.

me too

Curious if the first 2.5 binder holes just hit the cover or go through the entire book.

Also, I'm in the camp that says that minor glue/minor c.t., tape, and for that matter tape stains represent restoration and even in low grade really knock a comic down for me -especially mega keys. I know others feel the same and others don't but I'd rather have the 2.5 "untouched" one than the 3.0 with the taped spine.

Other than the obvious defects, the 2.5 issue looks very structurally sound and with pretty decent paper (other than the front wrap where the missing piece is). I'd prefer this copy to the 1.8, though not the 2.0 which is pretty decent.

All the copies from 3.0 on up look accurately graded and present well.

Ed

Curious if the first 2.5 binder holes just hit the cover or go through the entire book.

Also, I'm in the camp that says that minor glue/minor c.t., tape, and for that matter tape stains represent restoration and even in low grade really knock a comic down for me -especially mega keys. I know others feel the same and others don't but I'd rather have the 2.5 "untouched" one than the 3.0 with the taped spine.

Other than the obvious defects, the 2.5 issue looks very structurally sound and with pretty decent paper (other than the front wrap where the missing piece is). I'd prefer this copy to the 1.8, though not the 2.0 which is pretty decent.

All the copies from 3.0 on up look accurately graded and present well.

Ed

I hate tape as well. In most cases I would rather have extensive restoration than blue with tape. Obviously this won't be a problem for me, as others feel differently and blue with tape will always sell for far more than even a slight PLOD in the same grade.