• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Variant Cover Pricing When Bought New

6 posts in this topic

I was browsing through some back issues on mycomicshop.com and noticed that they list the cover price to Ultimate Fantastic Four #60 variant as $80 and the cover price to The Walking Dead #50 superhero variant as $18. But the prices listed on the covers show the same prices as the regular issues. Admittedly, I haven't purchased comics "off the rack" since I was kid. But were these issues regular price or the hefty price listed on mycomicshop when purchased brand new at the LCS (assuming they were available at the LCS)? If priced differently, why do the covers show the normal price? Thanks in advance.

What ever prices you are seeing here are not the cover prices but the price at which that shop chooses to sell them at! As far as I know its up to each shop to decided how they go about selling these things My shop normally charges $9-ish around for the 1:25 ratio stuff & $30 for the 1:100 range stuff

I remember my comic shop charged whatever multiple of cover the ratio the variant was.

Man, that sentence came out horrible :P

What I mean is, if it was a 1/25 variant, the comic would cost 25x cover and so on. I don't know if anybody was buying them or not. I asked the guy if I would get 24 other copies to go with it lol