• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #24 CGC 9.4

50 posts in this topic

That is 10 kinds of awesome

Miscut. Bah. :insane:

I don't think it's miscut, I think it's sitting in the slab just a bit crooked.

I was thinking that, too. A simple $11 reholder and that book would present a lot better.

I wonder if something as simple as that would make any difference in the ending price?

Old label outweighs any benefit from improved presentation in a new label.

Reholdering would keep the old label serial number. Simply mentioning it as an old label that was reholdered in the auction description may have the same impact with better presentation.

I think Tim believes that old label = less chance that the book has been manipulated. I'm not sure that Golden collectors think about that as much as those who collect later eras.

Oh, I know what he meant I just think that the old serial number and an explanation would suffice. These books are supposed to be reholdered every 7 years anyway.

This gorgeous book should be kept in a mylar. Any idea as to its market value [i'm not a Supes collector but this one is nice].

It's a solo highest graded copy of a classic cover. I'm thinking 18-22K.

I was thinking about where you are, maybe up to $25k or so.

Makes me wonder if Metro's raw 9.0 isn't such a bad deal at $4300.

That is 10 kinds of awesome

Miscut. Bah. :insane:

I don't think it's miscut, I think it's sitting in the slab just a bit crooked.

I was thinking that, too. A simple $11 reholder and that book would present a lot better.

I wonder if something as simple as that would make any difference in the ending price?

Old label outweighs any benefit from improved presentation in a new label.

Reholdering would keep the old label serial number. Simply mentioning it as an old label that was reholdered in the auction description may have the same impact with better presentation.

I think Tim believes that old label = less chance that the book has been manipulated. I'm not sure that Golden collectors think about that as much as those who collect later eras.

Oh, I know what he meant I just think that the old serial number and an explanation would suffice. These books are supposed to be reholdered every 7 years anyway.

Heritage would never put such an explanation in their description.

This gorgeous book should be kept in a mylar. Any idea as to its market value [i'm not a Supes collector but this one is nice].

It's a solo highest graded copy of a classic cover. I'm thinking 18-22K.

I was thinking about where you are, maybe up to $25k or so.

Makes me wonder if Metro's raw 9.0 isn't such a bad deal at $4300.

I was very happy to nab this sweet copy in a QualityComix auction last Winter....me thinks there was some money left on the table by the consignor, as its a very nice copy.

Superman24CGC90.jpg

I was very happy to nab this sweet copy in a QualityComix auction last Winter....me thinks there was some money left on the table by the consignor, as its a very nice copy.

Did it sell for more or less than when it sold through Heritage prior to that?

Superman #24

About $700 less if memory serves.