• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 9* Results

96 posts in this topic

hm Maybe I missed my calling. I could have been a professional data miner.

Just my luck, I'd probably get trapped for months in a Chilean data mine, forced to subsist on pencils and sheets of white lined paper.

:signfunny:

I looked at the scan the first time and immediately thought of the legendary Action 1 POS with the huge hunk out of the front cover and foxing all over the place --- that CGC gave a 2.5!! :roflmao:

With that in mind, I couldn't help but overgrade this book! (1.8 was my guess).

I looked at the scan the first time and immediately thought of the legendary Action 1 POS with the huge hunk out of the front cover and foxing all over the place --- that CGC gave a 2.5!! :roflmao:

That book is the very definition of "outlier"...it's so completely off that I think it's unwise to factor that grade in when grading anything else.

That book is the very definition of "outlier"...it's so completely off that I think it's unwise to factor that grade in when grading anything else.

I thought of that book too. Luckily, I didn't use it as a comparison when I graded this book.

I compared it to the AF 15 VT was trying to sell a while back and went with a 1.0. I wonder how much of a difference the LT/OW PQ made?

I went 1.0 as well. While no doubt there are other 1.5 AF #15s missing a piece this big, I couldn't recall any. I sorta thought this book was a 1.0/1.5 tweener, and gambled that the eye appeal was too compromised to squeak out the 1.5.

I compared it to the AF 15 VT was trying to sell a while back and went with a 1.0. I wonder how much of a difference the LT/OW PQ made?

I compared it with JazzMan's 1.0 which I had a saved scan of...figured it couldn't score any higher...

Of course about 10 minutes after I sent the grade I had the feeling that it was, of course, a 1.5... :frustrated:

comicsAF150001.jpg

I compared it with JazzMan's 1.0 which I had a saved scan of...figured it couldn't score any higher...

Of course about 10 minutes after I sent the grade I had the feeling that it was, of course, a 1.5... :frustrated:

comicsAF150001.jpg

I am afraid we are going to have to induct you into the data mining fun-suckers club. lol

Your dues are to be paid at the first of every month, but lunch is served at all meetings at the Hilton West. :)

I am afraid we are going to have to induct you into the data mining fun-suckers club.

I don't know if you're just acting dense, but as I've stated many, many, many times before, comparing graded books is not data mining.

Then again this may be a case of the 'the data miner doth protest too much". hm

hm Maybe I missed my calling. I could have been a professional data miner.

Just my luck, I'd probably get trapped for months in a Chilean data mine, forced to subsist on pencils and sheets of white lined paper.

:signfunny:

There's data in them thar hills! :preach:

My "data mining fun-suckers" comment has nothing to do with visually comparing grades with other slabbed books, it can be a good reference! Or very misleading. :devil:

I am afraid we are going to have to induct you into the data mining fun-suckers club.

I don't know if you're just acting dense, but as I've stated many, many, many times before, comparing graded books is not data mining.

Then again this may be a case of the 'the data miner doth protest too much". hm

Dude, I'm just having fun. :)

Lighten up Francis. :idea:

Besides, this is in response to GAcollectibles funny term for us "fun-suckers" and nothing to do with your lectures.