• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 48 + 49 + 50 CLUB

81 posts in this topic

If the Silver Age has a single high point, I think FF 49 is it. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be following the Fantastic Four and then reading that issue in 1966.

Well, it's not pretty but I think it qualifies to get me in the club. Price was dirt cheap at my LCS so I got it. I have an eye on a better copy, but this one will serve as a place holder.

OK what's next. . .Do I get to know the secret handshake now? Does the initiation involve mayonnaise and a live goat? Just curious.

FF49001.jpg

Thats.. a copy alright lol

The secret password is... "the walrus wiggles through the cracks, that the pink horned giant and his silver comrade created" shhh don't tell anyone

Mine has the exact same wrap. :pullhair: I think every #48 has a sheity wrap.

Like 90% do. Other Marvels released the same month have the same bad wrap. :mad: I've got two copies of #48 that have great wrap though; you can find them you just have to wait a while. I waited years and years and years for a 9.6 with great wrap.

Kind of a huge club since FF 48 was present in multiple warehouse finds and is one of the easiest Silver key books to find, but it's my favorite comic storyline ever, so I'm in! The hardest thing for me has been finding copies with good wrap...they're really rare and difficult on both of these issues, with 48 being much, much harder, or at least it seems that way since it's such a common issue yet is miswrapped 90% of the time.

This is so true ! - I had a previous copy of 48 and I sold it to buy another book. When Drummy was saying he was selling his copy, I jumped all over it !....It's perfectly centered, the colors are striking in comparison, not onlyt to the other 9.0 I had, but many others I've seen. As I see other copies in 9.0 or above, I realized just how rare the perfect centering really is...

Course, this is all nonsense without pictures....

P1010025.jpg