• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Carbo's NY Comic Book Marketplace Returns Sat. Feb 19

104 posts in this topic

Well, the show wasn't exactly a thriller. I didn't buy a single comic.* There was a decent number of people there, but it wasn't mobbed. I wandered around for a while and didn't notice anyone making any major purchases.

Hey there, Dan, long time. I was there too... sorry I missed you.

I didn't find any major (GA) purchases either, but had a lot of fun hitting the bargain bins... quite a few dealers seemed to be offering up warehouse-type stock of late 70s, 80s and 90s books that hadn't been completely cherrypicked already, and there was some good stuff if you dug for it. The show was neat overall, but I continue to wonder how some of the smaller dealers make enough money to justify the time, sweat and expense they must be putting in, especially for a show that just lasts one day.

Well, the show wasn't exactly a thriller. I didn't buy a single comic.* There was a decent number of people there, but it wasn't mobbed. I wandered around for a while and didn't notice anyone making any major purchases.

I didn't find any major (GA) purchases either, but had a lot of fun hitting the bargain bins... quite a few dealers seemed to be offering up warehouse-type stock of late 70s, 80s and 90s books that hadn't been completely cherrypicked already, and there was some good stuff if you dug for it. The show was neat overall, but I continue to wonder how some of the smaller dealers make enough money to justify the time, sweat and expense they must be putting in, especially for a show that just lasts one day.

Glad you had a good time man. My budget is a bit more fixed than previously, which curtailed my interest in the comics. What money I had to spend I wanted to spend on drawings.

Harley Yee was really solicitous! I felt guilty not buying anything. He had a Showcase 32 which I've been wanting for a while, but it was too low grade.

I did get to check out the Action 1 and Tec 27.

Hah, that was you? I was standing right next to you.

So you saw me giving my multi level requests to Mr Buckler. lol

Hey man, Nothing wrong with knowing what you want right? I got a pretty nice Flash pencil drawing from him a couple years ago that's hanging on the wall in my kitchen.

Hah, that was you? I was standing right next to you.

So you saw me giving my multi level requests to Mr Buckler. lol

Hey man, Nothing wrong with knowing what you want right? I got a pretty nice Flash pencil drawing from him a couple years ago that's hanging on the wall in my kitchen.

;) Very true.

Flash, very good choice.

Hi Jon, I didn't see you there. I was going to PM you to see if you were going but it was a busy week and I forgot. I didn't know if I was actually going until the day of.

Speedy, I would have liked to met you. Yes, I heard a few dealer complaints as well. I picked up some books that were great finds for me: Batman 222, 227 & 242 all in low grade but I am not that picky.

I hope you guys post some wall pictures. prettyplease.gif

I tried to take pictures to post but none of them came out great. Too much glare and most of the wall books didn't have a sign so I don't know which booth is where. I'll post them if you want though.

I don't mind, I'd love to see them regardless. :)

Trimpe canceled.

WHAT?!?!?!?! AAGGHHH!!! I sent some books in for his signature... :sorry:

bummer day...

It was very windy and cold. I guessed he decided not to come. So goes with Irwin Hansen. I wanted my GA All-American Green Lantern signed, but he didn't showed either.

But, I did get a Dick Ayers Giant-Man sketch and a Larry Hama Storm Shadow sketch. So all was not lost.

I picked up some books that were great finds for me: Batman 222, 227 & 242 all in low grade but I am not that picky.

Wow, that's great!

I got really lucky. I thought the Batman 222 has a major chuck missing but when I got home it was only a 2" spine tear with the paper all crinkled. I was happy that it was only tear and unfolded all the paper. Plus 222 & 227 aren't reprinted anywhere in color so I happy to have a reading copy.

I did get to check out the Action 1 and Tec 27.

That was you at Metro's booth?

chen-flash.jpg

chen-salvation-run-1-cover.jpg

Nice pickups. :golfclap: :golfclap:

I hope you guys post some wall pictures. prettyplease.gif

I tried to take pictures to post but none of them came out great. Too much glare and most of the wall books didn't have a sign so I don't know which booth is where. I'll post them if you want though.

I don't mind, I'd love to see them regardless. :)

Here they are but I know some but not the others. I only took pics from the one side of room and then got distracted.