• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high will this one go???

29 posts in this topic

so at 107K does this sale make the AF15 9.4 a better or worse buy at 122K?

I thought it wouldnt get sold for less than 120K. Im surprised it stopped at this price.

Is this a poll!?!? 27_laughing.gif

Personally, I think it makes the AF 15 a better buy, and since the Spidey sold on Heritage last March at $92k, I'm not that surprised at the final price. The book was reported to have sold originally for $160k, but I'm not sure what the venue was for that sale since it doesn't show up on GPA or in the Heritage Archives...the Manning auctions maybe.

Curiously, there are 12 9.4 or better copies of AF 15, but only 11 9.4 or better copies of Spidey 1? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book was reported to have sold originally for $160k, but I'm not sure what the venue was for that sale since it doesn't show up on GPA or in the Heritage Archives...the Manning auctions maybe.

Private deal, I believe brokered offline by a dealer that has been pilloried on a recent thread.

I thought it wouldnt get sold for less than 120K. Im surprised it stopped at this price.

A lot of BSDs know this book used to have a label comment reading something like "light tanning on interior front cover" and may still view the book as damaged goods to get a grade as high as 9.6.

Also, the book itself has an abraded LLC and a small flaking crease on the LRC. Take a look at the old Heritage scan (courtesy of Hammer on the CPG boards): ASM#1 CGC 9.6

A lot of BSDs know this book used to have a label comment reading something like "light tanning on interior front cover" and may still view the book as damaged goods to get a grade as high as 9.6.

picky, picky, picky........... grin.gif

actually, you're right - hard to figure on that grade with those two defects. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i think your AF #15 app 9.6 was much nicer looking - assume all is lost on that front?? still a Damn shame..............

Also, the book itself has an abraded LLC and a small flaking crease on the LRC. Take a look at the old Heritage scan (courtesy of Hammer on the CPG boards): ASM#1 CGC 9.6

Yeah, it's gone. But it has to come up for sale again some day, right? I'll be waiting when it does.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

picky, picky, picky........... grin.gif

actually, you're right - hard to figure on that grade with those two defects. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i think your AF #15 app 9.6 was much nicer looking - assume all is lost on that front?? still a Damn shame..............

He's Chris Bell. He was offering the Vancouver collection for sale as a whole! Looks like he might have sold it. confused-smiley-013.gif

So he's a dealer?

He's a local dealer that specializes in liquidation goods and used goods.

Business must be good if he's throwing down $100k+ for a comic!

Yeah, Chris is the guy that spent over $7K for the Spidy #129. He's also brought a lot of BA Marvel magazines for some pretty hefty and record prices. Maybe he did find somebody to take the Vancouver collection off his hands.