• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLAS!!! PRE CODE HORROR, PRE-HERO, JUNGLE, WESTERNS, WAR NOW DISCOUNTED!

282 posts in this topic

Goodmorning Dale, why is it called the "Zodiac collection" just curious. Ty

Here is the story on the collection....

The guy purchased books from about 1947 through about 1953 in Chicago. He moved to Nashville and sold the books about 3 years ago, through a broker. I got first crack at all of the books. Collection had DCs, Fawcetts, Timelys, Fox, Dells, and some other stuff, including a Phantom Lady #17 that Mr Schomburg here on the boards bought. I had lots of Supermans, Actions, Green Lanterns, All Americans, Flashes, All Stars, and several other titles, and alot of them were the tough later issues. There were also 13 Caps, Torches, Subbys, Marvel Mysterys, and various other Timelys. The collection had some of the nicest 50s DC westerns I have ever seen, and they sold very quickly.

As the books were read, he marked them with a zodiac symbol so that he would know that he had read them. Most had 1 symbol, a few had 2 or 3 symbols, and many, especially the Westerns, were unread.