• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oh, yeah!

97 posts in this topic

For instance, one is left to wonder why the conceptual producers couldn't have found creative ways to make highly iconic symbols such as Cap's ornamental "wings" into communication antennas wired into his helmet or some such.

I was trying to take your post seriously, but then I read this and all subsequent efforts in that regard failed.

For instance, one is left to wonder why the conceptual producers couldn't have found creative ways to make highly iconic symbols such as Cap's ornamental "wings" into communication antennas wired into his helmet or some such.

I was trying to take your post seriously, but then I read this and all subsequent efforts in that regard failed.

despite being one who ordinarily loves dm's posts, i found myself wondering what bleak future might await comic-book adaptation movies if the cap flick flops as bad as that post. oh, my.

The truth is that at some point there needs to be some updating.

I found the Ultimates story line to be very satisfying. It was mature, felt real and offered a more realistic view of the Avengers compared to 1963 story telling.

Roy, I think that would be great as a modern "reboot" or evolution of the character. I'm just not excited about revisionism.

For me, WWII era Cap will always be WWII era Cap and the character's costume should reflect that original concept as much as possible, no matter how difficult it is to transfer to film. Otherwise we'll start having "Earth 2" Captain America and DC will sue for damages! ;)

Well, my concept may sound a bit bizarre, but I think helmet antennas that look like wings might look a bit more realistic in a film scenario than floppy fabric or purely ornamental wings. It was just an idea off the top of my head; sorry that my vision of Cap can't be shared via mind-meld, but I'd need ciorac's help for that! :grin:

Well, my concept may sound a bit bizarre, but I think helmet antennas that look like wings might look a bit more realistic in a film scenario than floppy fabric or purely ornamental wings. It was just an idea off the top of my head; sorry that my vision of Cap can't be shared via mind-meld, but I'd need ciorac's help for that! :grin:

lol Now I know why BP is a fan of your posts!!

lol Now I know why BP is a fan of your posts!!

you may be wrong on the "why." check out our pool table shots [his on top, mine on the bottom]---the man has taste!!!

captainamerica_5.jpg

allgirls.jpg

The truth is that at some point there needs to be some updating.

I found the Ultimates story line to be very satisfying. It was mature, felt real and offered a more realistic view of the Avengers compared to 1963 story telling.

Roy, I think that would be great as a modern "reboot" or evolution of the character. I'm just not excited about revisionism.

For me, WWII era Cap will always be WWII era Cap and the character's costume should reflect that original concept as much as possible, no matter how difficult it is to transfer to film. Otherwise we'll start having "Earth 2" Captain America and DC will sue for damages! ;)

CC, after being desensitized through reading most of Marvel's reboots I've come to accept the fact that no hero goes untouched.

I still think we'll some some neat Timely references in this flick but made for modern consumption.

I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, READ THE ULTIMATES!

you may be wrong on the "why." check out our pool table shots [his on top, mine on the bottom]---the man has taste!!!

If you're talking about the fact that red velvet belongs either under a comic or on a beautiful woman then can i join that club too?

:grin:

If you're talking about the fact that red velvet belongs either under a comic or on a beautiful woman then can i join that club too?

you've been in that club, from an emeritus status, from the outset!!

I still think we'll some some neat Timely references in this flick

I know there'll be at least one. :headbang:

dirty.jpg

it's going to take one helluva d.c. myopian to say they think that one, too, portends doom for the movie.

roy, your churchill quote is great. my favorite, which i hope is not apocryphal:

woman at party tells him that if he were her husband, she'd poison his drink. he replies: "madam, if you were my wife, i'd drink it."

it's going to take one helluva d.c. myopian to say they think that one, too, portends doom for the movie.

To me, the Cap costume was always going to be the tough one, transferring the classic look to the visual reality of a grim wartime setting. It's not like Superman where he can remain above the fray much of the time, or X-Men where they've changed costumes enough that you don't mind as much if they make tweaks to make it fit film better.

I'm very curious to see the trailer. And even if they don't get it quite right, I think you have to recognize that this one was going to be tricky to do on film.

you've been in that club, from an emeritus status, from the outset!!

True, ...absolutely true, although sometimes red and blue with white high-lights looks pretty good on a red background as a Timely distraction...

phantomlady_13.jpg

...BTW, did I mention that I love the rack on both our tables? :grin:

roy, your churchill quote is great. my favorite, which i hope is not apocryphal:

woman at party tells him that if he were her husband, she'd poison his drink. he replies: "madam, if you were my wife, i'd drink it."

lol

Awesome.

lol

Awesome.

This reminds me of my ex wife. If I was still with her, I would be dead drunk right now.

To me, the Cap costume was always going to be the tough one, transferring the classic look to the visual reality of a grim wartime setting. It's not like Superman where he can remain above the fray much of the time, or X-Men where they've changed costumes enough that you don't mind as much if they make tweaks to make it fit film better.

I'm very curious to see the trailer. And even if they don't get it quite right, I think you have to recognize that this one was going to be tricky to do on film.

I concur with this even though ultimately trailers can be deceiving; ...remember Disney's Dinosaur? :o

It's purely speculation on my part, but a wartime GA adaptation done with just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek pizazz could produce an outstanding b-t-t-w action flick (when contemplating how I'd do CA my first thoughts are about the WWII opening of HellBoy or perhaps a slightly less intense Inglorious Bastards scenario).

Unfortunately, I doubt that even The Vision can foresee the outcome of CA, and my crystal ball is hazy too. (shrug)