• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 11* Results

68 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 11 Results

Silver Surfer #12 - OFF-WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 9.0

th_Round11-ss001.jpg th_Round11-SS12f.jpg th_Round11-SS12b.jpg

Round 11 Grade Breakdowns

Round11-GradeBreakdown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 11 Results - By Place

Round11-Results.png

Round 11 Commentary

Jedi Mind Tricks or just the belief that it wasn't likely that there would be TWO 9.0s in a row causes a peculiar Grade Breakdown for Round 11 as some contestants could not bring themselves to give the same grade as the previous round.

Moving into a three-way tie for First Place are canickus, ckp1680, and, of course, the ubiquitous toro, who has YET to drop out of First Place. Others may come and go, but toro refuses to budge!

Of special interest is that NO NEW CONTESTANT enters the Top Ten this week! :o

Contestants to watch: kreton, the only contestant outside the Top Ten to notch a second bullseye in a row!

NOTABLE: The new * indicator shows all contestants who have yet to notch a -1 round! (worship)

The dreaded MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED LINE makes its entrance this round. Stay above it! :eek:

A SEMI-TOUGH but mind tricking Round 11 ends with 59% of the contestants getting within +/- 1 grade but only 17% hitting the bullseye.

On to Round 12!

I really hate how if a piece of tape pulls of a section of cover color, it would likely get a 6.5, but if remainder/distro ink does it, CGC will give it a 9.x. :screwy:

I tell you, this contest is making me NOT want to buy any more CGC comics.

NOTE: Grinin has rejoined the contest! Alas, he now starts at ZERO points again due to his -1 this round. :(

(The results will reflect his overall reinstatement next round.)

Round 11 Commentary

Jedi Mind Tricks or just the belief that it wasn't likely that there would be TWO 9.0s in a row causes a peculiar Grade Breakdown for Round 11 as some contestants could not bring themselves to give the same grade as the previous round.

It was a lot easier than you'd think for those of us who guessed 7.0-8.0 last round! :insane:

Round 11 Commentary

It was a lot easier than you'd think for those of us who guessed 7.0-8.0 last round! :insane:

+1

Round 11 Commentary

Not to mention all the data miners (as proven in my graphic in the other thread) all knew it was a 9.0.

Round 11 Commentary

Dam...was gonna go 9.0 and bumped it to 9.2... doh!:tonofbricks:

On the bright side...11 books in a row...NO NEGS! :banana:

I'm happy where I'm at #106. There is no way I'd ever grade a book with a corner crease and dist spray damage like that above a 7.5/8. :smirk:

Sharon said it, lots of fun though :applause:

Also, hat's off to Doc, GAC, joey, and sckao (hope I didn’t miss anyone)! It's obviously a lot of work to run this and you guys are doing a helluva job (worship)

I'm happy where I'm at #106. There is no way I'd ever grade a book with a corner crease and dist spray damage like that above a 7.5/8. :smirk:

Sharon said it, lots of fun though :applause:

Also, hat's off to Doc, GAC, joey, and sckao (hope I didn’t miss anyone)! It's obviously a lot of work to run this and you guys are doing a helluva job (worship)

Half the fun is watching JC cry.