• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Green Hornet

45 posts in this topic

From the wiki page. :o

Escape from New York (remake)

On March 13, 2007, It was announced that Gerard Butler would play the role of Snake Plissken in a remake of Escape from New York. Kurt Russell, as well as many fans, did not approve.

As of June 2008 a rumor has been circulating that the project is proceeding with Josh Brolin as Snake Plissken. However, the project ended up being in development hell.

In 2010, according to New York Magazine, plans are back on track after a new rewrite from Allan Loeb, the man responsible for rescuing the Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps -script. Academy Award nominated actor Jeremy Renner has recently been rumoured to play Snake Plissken according to Bloody Disgusting.com, although nothing has been confirmed yet.

hm

From the wiki page. :o

Escape from New York (remake)

On March 13, 2007, It was announced that Gerard Butler would play the role of Snake Plissken in a remake of Escape from New York. Kurt Russell, as well as many fans, did not approve.

As of June 2008 a rumor has been circulating that the project is proceeding with Josh Brolin as Snake Plissken. However, the project ended up being in development hell.

In 2010, according to New York Magazine, plans are back on track after a new rewrite from Allan Loeb, the man responsible for rescuing the Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps -script. Academy Award nominated actor Jeremy Renner has recently been rumoured to play Snake Plissken according to Bloody Disgusting.com, although nothing has been confirmed yet.

hm

Rescued the Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps -script, I have literally watched donkeys *spoon* that have been more well formed than that horrible piece of *spoon* -script.

Did I mention how utterly and amazingly bad that movie was. I lost approximately 132 minutes of my life on that train wreck, so if this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed is "rescuing" the Escape -script, I suggest Snake puts his head in the oven in his finest Sylvia Plath impersonation.

Rescued the Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps -script, I have literally watched donkeys *spoon* that have been more well formed than that horrible piece of *spoon* -script.

Did I mention how utterly and amazingly bad that movie was. I lost approximately 132 minutes of my life on that train wreck, so if this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed is "rescuing" the Escape -script, I suggest Snake puts his head in the oven in his finest Sylvia Plath impersonation.

Hey, didn't you write an online review for Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps?

hm

:insane:

Just came back an hour ago, I really liked this movie, it had action,comedy, romance and yes some serious moments in it, the 3-D effects were off the wall and the audience I was with seemed to be into it(clapping and yelling). I rank it better then a lot of the marvel movies I saw. If your thinking its like a spoof like Airplane it`s not, think more like a buddy movie like Lethal Weapon or Fast and the Furious. I liked it so much I hope there is a sequel :wishluck: and I can`t say that about a lot of superhero movies I seen recently. btw the kids loved it. (thumbs u

and Black Beauty and Kato stole this movie.

all in all a good fun movie.

Saw a 7pm show last night. The theater seats 1200 and about a 1000 of them were empty. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the movie a 5. Mildly entertaining, but I like a superhero movie to have an epic feel to it, and this one didn't. Kato was definitely the best part of the movie. I agree with whoever posted that 3D is wasted on this film. I'd suggest saving a few bucks and seeing the 2D.

I'm usually pretty easy on movies. I enjoyed the two-hour premiere of The Cape on TV last week when most people didn't, but The Green Hornet seemed like the very definition of mediocre to me. A good reason to sit in a dark room and eat a ridiculous amount of popcorn, but when I spend most of a movie thinking about how they could have done each scene better, something is amiss.

Saw a 7pm show last night. The theater seats 1200 and about a 1000 of them were empty. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the movie a 5. Mildly entertaining, but I like a superhero movie to have an epic feel to it, and this one didn't. Kato was definitely the best part of the movie. I agree with whoever posted that 3D is wasted on this film. I'd suggest saving a few bucks and seeing the 2D.

I'm usually pretty easy on movies. I enjoyed the two-hour premiere of The Cape on TV last week when most people didn't, but The Green Hornet seemed like the very definition of mediocre to me. A good reason to sit in a dark room and eat a ridiculous amount of popcorn, but when I spend most of a movie thinking about how they could have done each scene better, something is amiss.

That's a good way to put it.

not the worst movie i have ever seen, but as for whats up at the theatre today and what i have seen already, it was okay. i have never read any green hornet comics, dont know the origin, so it wasn't easy for me to pick it apart, which from what i have read here is a good thing

"... but when I spend most of a movie thinking about how they could have done each scene better, something is amiss."

I also do that. I sit at home BEFORE I go to a movie and say, "I could do that better. If only I hadn't spent so much of my free time collecting comics, and posting in forums and drinking booze, and car jacking tourists' and actually gone to film school and learned the craft and how to schmooze investors and attract A-list talent and suck (up) to producers and... Oh , Attack of the Show is on... Wait, did I just write all of that...

not the worst movie i have ever seen, but as for whats up at the theatre today and what i have seen already, it was okay. i have never read any green hornet comics, dont know the origin, so it wasn't easy for me to pick it apart, which from what i have read here is a good thing

and that`s the thing,what really great iconic Green Hornet comics have there been?

It`s not like Batman with Dark Knight.

+1

I don't know how Cameron Diaz has a reputation for being a total babe...she's just not. Body of a 7 with the face of a 5. She's got similar facial tics to Maggie Gyllenhaal, particularly in that they both would instantly go from the 5/6 range to the 7/8 range with a nose job.

I'll wait and rent it from Red Box for a $1.00, might even wait 'till it's on cable.

Don't be a cheapskate this one it is worth the $10 unless you plan on watching alone but even then its worth it.

I have to disagree. The movie was so disjointed and silly that I felt bad spending $6 to see it.

Although the movie is tops in the weekend box office @ 34 million. It still has a ways to go before it recoups it's 130 million cost.

If the film sinks after the mediocre word of mouth.... this is going to be a disaster. I thought It'd do about 200 million total... be lucky to do half that... we shall see after the WW box office receipts come in.

BTW - The Thor trailer at the movie theatre seemed WAY cooler than it does on my computer... I'm really looking forward to that flick...