• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Amazing Spider-Man #74

56 posts in this topic

HATERS!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

I think it's a 9.4. There are two very small 1/32 to 1/16th inch spine stresses that barely break color and the slight abrasion on the bottom and top corners that look worse in the angled photos I took than they do in person. I do not have a single CGC 9.4 (out of 20 of them) that looks as nice as this book. But it doesn't look as nice as my 9.6s, so I don't think it would grade that high. My guess is CGC 9.4 OW pages, and I think that it's a solid Overstreet 9.4. But I have the benefit of book in hand, too.

I'm going to be submitting these and will let you all know what I get on the books when they come back. thumbsup2.gif

HATERS!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

I think it's a 9.4. There are two very small 1/32 to 1/16th inch spine stresses that barely break color and the slight abrasion on the bottom and top corners that look worse in the angled photos I took than they do in person. I do not have a single CGC 9.4 (out of 20 of them) that looks as nice as this book. But it doesn't look as nice as my 9.6s, so I don't think it would grade that high. My guess is CGC 9.4 OW pages, and I think that it's a solid Overstreet 9.4. But I have the benefit of book in hand, too.

I'm going to be submitting these and will let you all know what I get on the books when they come back. thumbsup2.gif

Good Luck on that book!

Davidking623

That is what I thought of Showcase New Englands Grades of the Spideys I bought from them.They refunded my money plus shipping back except my shipping the books back.Oh Well they are off my favorite Sellers list because they cant grade anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davidking623

3_4_12.gif

Davidking623

By the way -- the right corners are razor sharp with no color loss at all. The ULC spine corner is just a tiny 1/16th inch bindery tear. Not a ding or crease. The bottom corner is slightly abraded, but it looks worse in the close up photo than it actually does in person. In person, it looks like it does in the full cover photo.

8.0 or 8.5. The right corners and the spine seem a little "soft".

Hey Pimpy -- from your mouth to God's ears. I am getting a new scanner tonight, if my brother remembers to buy it for me and bring it over to my place. grin.gif The digital photos are kind of a pain in the butt. smile.gif

if your willing to plop down 16K on a restored AF 15, i'm sure you can afford to plop down $150 for a good scanner. foreheadslap.gif other than that, with the digi pics i can't grade the book accurately. confused-smiley-013.gif