• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 12* Results

69 posts in this topic

I'd venture a guess that the B&B got hammered for the soft creasing through the logo and right edge... but 110% agree that the Avengers 1 grading a 4.0 is inconsistent with any other slabbed 4.0 I've ever seen.

Roy, how long ago did you submit the B&B 28? Just curious.

I had a B+B #28 that graded a 4.0 and I thought 5.0+ easy. The book some light creases on the front cover...it was otherwise a nice looking book.

The fact that both of these books are the same grade is in my opinion a travesty.

BB28CGC4_0.jpg

But Roy, grading isn't an exact science is it lol

I'd venture a guess that the B&B got hammered for the soft creasing through the logo and right edge... but 110% agree that the Avengers 1 grading a 4.0 is inconsistent with any other slabbed 4.0 I've ever seen.

Key bump? (if such a thing exists? ;) )

I still don't think it's a 4.0 Oh well, at least I got a point.

I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that I went with the majority 3.0 grade. :pullhair:

You know, I've taken a look at my results from the first 12 rounds, and if I had gone two increments higher each round, it would have been worth an extra 10 points. I may have to change my strategy and start applying a double bump to all my guesses. :kidaround:

Graded Jerry's book two years ago, after selling it raw to chromium. Never followed-up or knew if he got it graded so it's doubly nice to have hit the bullseye and gotten the raw grade right when it sold.

hmhmhm

mehmehmeh

No, I meant that I think the contest organizers got tired of seeing them contest getting rigged by data miners and tossed a monkey wrench into the mix.

It wasn't the first "wrench" and it won't be the last. :gossip:

It was the first one that I found could not be jobbed - look at the scores too, that should tell the tale.

October last year.

Graded Jerry's book two years ago, after selling it raw to chromium. Never followed-up or knew if he got it graded so it's doubly nice to have hit the bullseye and gotten the raw grade right when it sold.

hmhmhm

mehmehmeh

No, I meant that I think the contest organizers got tired of seeing them contest getting rigged by data miners and tossed a monkey wrench into the mix.

It was the first one that I found could not be jobbed - look at the scores too, that should tell the tale.

Yes, look, everyone in first place (5 people) have so far all agreed on exactly ONE book (the first, which almost everyone got). Two other books have had four out of those five people agree on them (a different four in each case). I guess that proves they're all mining different veins, huh?

hmhmhm

mehmehmeh

Yes, look, everyone in first place (5 people) have so far all agreed on exactly ONE book (the first, which almost everyone got). Two other books have had four out of those five people agree on them (a different four in each case). I guess that proves they're all mining different veins, huh?

I want to Mine Toro's PM thread before I submit anymore grades... :sumo:

Nope. :eyeroll:

It should have been a 3.0, but there was no miswrap so they gave it a 4.0. :baiting:

British tag teaming.

lol

Amazing. I thought it was a dead lock at 3.0

I`ve had some really tightly graded 4.0 books lately that looked nothing like this book. Just amazing.

I would've bet the ranch this book was a 3.0 or 3.5...no other possibility! :sumo:

Not enough damage for a 2.5 and too much going on even for a weak 4.0. We see books of this nature all the time in the Buddy Can You Spare a Grade thread and consensus would NEVER come to a 4.0 on this book...

For the 4.5 and I believe 1 5.0 grader :o ...I'd recommend eyeglasses in the near future... :insane:

Amazing. I thought it was a dead lock at 3.0

I`ve had some really tightly graded 4.0 books lately that looked nothing like this book. Just amazing.

I would've bet the ranch this book was a 3.0 or 3.5...no other possibility! :sumo:

Not enough damage for a 2.5 and too much going on even for a weak 4.0. We see books of this nature all the time in the Buddy Can You Spare a Grade thread and consensue would NEVER come to a 4.0 on this book...

For the 4.5 and I believe 1 5.0 grader :o ...I'd recommend eyeglasses in the near future... :insane:

Hey I went 4.5 :sumo:..... of course i was thinking 4.0 and bumped it because I have been way under on the last few books. :acclaim:

I don't think you can bust on anyone for giving high grades... this is a "Guess the CGC grade" contest, not a "what would you grade this book" contest. There's a big difference... as we've been finding out the hard way!

Nope. :eyeroll:

It should have been a 3.0, but there was no miswrap so they gave it a 4.0. :baiting:

British tag teaming.

lol

BRITISHBULLDOGS.jpg

DR.X

Dynamite Kid was one f'd up dude, but the British Bulldogs were a pretty awesome tag team