• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 12* Results

69 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 12 Results

Avengers #1 - OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 4.0

th_Round12-Avengers1CGCfc.jpg th_Round12-Avengers_no1_front.jpg th_Round12-Avengers_no1_rear.jpg

Round 12 Grade Breakdowns

Round12-GradeBreakDown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 12 Results - By Place

Round12-Results.png

Round 12 Commentary

The near halfway point arrives to groans and moans as only 14 contestants manage to successfully identify the CGC Grade. Of the Top Ten only Timmay notches 5 points as he moves six places up to find himself in a five-way tie for First Place with canickus, ckp1680, G.A.tor, and toro.

Contestants to watch: Warlord, the only contestant outside the Top Ten to notch a second bullseye in a row! :applause:

An extremely TOUGH Round 12 ends with ONLY 38% of the contestants getting within +/- 1 grade but only 12% hitting the bullseye. :eek:

Round 13 has GOT to be easier! :wishluck:

Okay, I just ran another query and kudos to the contest organizers, as this appears to be an older submission, which when combined with a high Census edition like Avengers 1, makes it very hard to track.

Due to this, I would bet the overall results are among the worst yet, as there was really no way to job this round. Lots probably got lucky with a CGC 3.5 data mine, but that was just coincidence.

Anyone who guessed 4.0, and I don't think there are too many, got it legit - did any of the top placers get it right?

Graded Jerry's book two years ago, after selling it raw to chromium. Never followed-up or knew if he got it graded so it's doubly nice to have hit the bullseye and gotten the raw grade right when it sold.

hmhmhm

mehmehmeh

No, I meant that I think the contest organizers got tired of seeing them contest getting rigged by data miners and tossed a monkey wrench into the mix.

Graded Jerry's book two years ago, after selling it raw to chromium. Never followed-up or knew if he got it graded so it's doubly nice to have hit the bullseye and gotten the raw grade right when it sold.

hmhmhm

mehmehmeh

No, I meant that I think the contest organizers got tired of seeing them contest getting rigged by data miners and tossed a monkey wrench into the mix.

It wasn't the first "wrench" and it won't be the last. :gossip: