• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to submit?

12 posts in this topic

Sorry for my newbie-ness, but I've never submitted a book to CGC, and Rob_React sent me an Action 812 that has some real potential. I heard someone mention a 20% discount with certain dealers. That doesn't have to be local dealers, right? I don't think any dealer in Phoenix is affiliated with CGC. Also, if I send through a dealer, am I committed to a 2 book minimum for Modern, or does he throw it in with his submissions to cover the minimum requirement? confused.gif

You don't actually send it to the dealer,...you submit it through a link in their web-site,....you still mail it directly to CGC and they mail it back to you,......20% discount can be obtained either through such dealer sites as Metropolis,...or Heritage,..there are others but they don't currently come to mind,...as for sending away one or two books,..it isn't really cost effective to send less than a dozen or so Modern books due to the high registered shipping costs both ways,...you can send up to a maximum of 30 modern books on a modern Submission form ,...when you do this it comes out to be about $15.00 per slab per book including shipping....

You don't actually send it to the dealer,...you submit it through a link in their web-site,....you still mail it directly to CGC and they mail it back to you,......20% discount can be obtained either through such dealer sites as Metropolis,...or Heritage,..there are others but they don't currently come to mind,...as for sending away one or two books,..it isn't really cost effective to send less than a dozen or so Modern books due to the high registered shipping costs both ways,...you can send up to a maximum of 30 modern books on a modern Submission form ,...when you do this it comes out to be about $15.00 per slab per book including shipping....

We don't all have your bank roll rocketeer 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yeah, $450 for grading services seems a bit steep. If I had that kind of cash to spend, I'd rather buy a decent comic than get mine graded. Maybe I'll just sell it raw. It's definitely a 9.8, which sells for about $30 on eBay. But if I could get 9.9, it would pay off. I studied this thing till my eyes hurt. No flaws at all. Not even the fine white line that some comics get on the spine. (Hey, that rhymes!)

What's up with Action 812???? Anything exciting happening in that book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to slab a modern book like that just to turn around and flip it on Ebay. The down side is a lot riskier than the upside, which is it actually comes back a 9.8 and you can make a small profit. What if it comes back a 9.6 or lower?

I am not saying you can't grade, but every person on this board who has submitted books to CGC has gotten at least one surprise returned to them foreheadslap.gif

What's up with Action 812???? Anything exciting happening in that book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to slab a modern book like that just to turn around and flip it on Ebay. The down side is a lot riskier than the upside, which is it actually comes back a 9.8 and you can make a small profit. What if it comes back a 9.6 or lower?

I am not saying you can't grade, but every person on this board who has submitted books to CGC has gotten at least one surprise returned to them foreheadslap.gif

I'm confident it won't come back a 9.6. I think people who get burned with 9.6's are grading with a bias, and dismissing minor flaws. I have a very keen eye, and can notice the slightest imperfection. I just don't know if it would get a 9.8 or not (since I don't have a microscope, or whatever CGC uses to determine 9.8+ grades). But you're right, I don't think it's worth the hassle to flip a 9.8 book, and I'm not real confident it would get higher.

Part I: Godfall; first Supes work for artist Michael Turner - cover only; Talent caldwell does some decent work inside; sold out; taken to 2nd print - sketch cover; check Modern forums for the latest... thumbsup2.gif

Part I: Godfall; first Supes work for artist Michael Turner - cover only; Talent caldwell does some decent work inside; sold out; taken to 2nd print - sketch cover; check Modern forums for the latest... thumbsup2.gif

See that's why you da man darth....all of that info in a nice neat post 893applaud-thumb.gif

So I guess I mised the boat on this one....is there anything in Adventure of Superman #626, I just picked up a copy. I promise this will be my last modern question in the general section 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

See that's why you da man darth....all of that info in a nice neat post 893applaud-thumb.gif

So I guess I mised the boat on this one....is there anything in Adventure of Superman #626, I just picked up a copy. I promise this will be my last modern question in the general section 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't think so, but Superman #204 will be the first Jim Lee Superman. Everyone is on to that one. But #203 will have a Lee preview, so I picked up a few of those (pre-order). Wizard predicted 203 will be short-ordered, and should hit $30 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, so others may be speculating it as well.

(No, I don't put any faith in what Wizard says. I just meant uninformed speculators may have read that and started drooling.)