• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B&B #57 Has Metamorpho hit the jackpot??

13 posts in this topic

I try to avoid posting about high grade Heritage auctions but this one truly floored me. I have an 8.5 and a 9.2 and have been looking to upgrade. Now both my books were bought more than 3 years ago at below guide. So I am thinking to myself....hmmmm....9.4 maybe 1.5....2x guide......WTF happened 893whatthe.gif

Metamorpho

For goodness sakes....he is a great character but he is second tier and this book has a 9.8 and 2 9.6's. confused-smiley-013.gif

i've always liked metamorpho, i own these books raw and they are such a great read. thumbsup2.gif i'm also glad that the justice league cartoon had metamorpho on the show too. cloud9.gif

Me too pimpy....my boys think he is cool now he is in the cartoon. Metamorpho, Deadman and the Metal Men are just my all time favourite second tier characters. thumbsup2.gif

"This is the year for second tier"..... acclaim.gif

That mean next year is third tier??...and I can unload all my Captain Action's??

If that happened then the world would truly be coming to an end. grin.gif

Think of it this way.

Most Silver-Age Marvel before 1968 get around 3-4 times guide in NM, REGARDLESS if they are Keys or just COMMON books.

At least this is a DC Key.

If I decided to throw big dollars on DC books (I don't, I throw them at Marvels), the first books I would get would be Key first appearances.

The times, they are a changing.

Think of it this way.

Most Silver-Age Marvel before 1968 get around 3-4 times guide in NM, REGARDLESS if they are Keys or just COMMON books.

At least this is a DC Key.

If I decided to throw big dollars on DC books (I don't, I throw them at Marvels), the first books I would get would be Key first appearances.

The times, they are a changing.

Fortunately we don't compete with the speculator dollar anywhere near as much as Marvel.