• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January Comiclink auction

138 posts in this topic

OK, lets see the SA monsters you guys got last night so far. I know already that at least a few of the big Spideys went to a boardie but lets see the rest of what you guys got

:taptaptap:

It seemed that the Spideys were definitely getting stronger prices than the Avengers. Most of the Avengers went dirt cheap imo.

This month's is one of those mini-auctions, I think the next big quarterly one is next month, or at least the comparatively superior quality of the FFs is telling me that's likely the case. Not seeing much hot stuff in this one.

Nobody??? Cmon, i know at least a few of you picked up some of the SA Spideys.

I mostly got BA books last night, only 3 smallish Silver books to fill in my Avengers run.

av17.jpg

av25.jpg

av68.jpg

This month's is one of those mini-auctions, I think the next big quarterly one is next month, or at least the comparatively superior quality of the FFs is telling me that's likely the case. Not seeing much hot stuff in this one.

Yeah, there were some nice early Spideys and some later Avengers but the FF's did look a little weak to me. Not many early ones at all.

Nice pick-up. It's definitely a buyers market with a lot of books going cheap and it's getting cost prohibitive to have them graded for resell. In the other hand, there is the BIG Savannah collection the market needs to absorb throughout the year.

I haven't studied the Spidey results yet, but from what I did see they did seem quite strong. I look mostly at 8.0-9.2 and I didn't see any bargains to jump on in that corner of the auction.

I picked up this beauty to get one book closer to completing this short run. I already posted it in pre-hero but I don't mind posting it again... :)

RAD2E0E820101222_133051.jpg

Nice pick up (thumbs u Dr Droom gets no love on the label (shrug)

I haven't studied the Spidey results yet, but from what I did see they did seem quite strong. I look mostly at 8.0-9.2 and I didn't see any bargains to jump on in that corner of the auction.

I picked up this beauty to get one book closer to completing this short run. I already posted it in pre-hero but I don't mind posting it again... :)

RAD2E0E820101222_133051.jpg

The BA Avengers went really low also, even lower than the Spideys.

There were a few BA Avengers that were sitting at about half what i would have paid. When i put in my max bid with a few seconds left, i expected a huge jump or the dreaded "you've been outbid" message. Instead, i won the books with the price only going up 1 bid increment (shrug)

I got 4 BA Avengers, 3 were the lowest ever GPA recorded sale and the other was the second lowest behind a sale back in 04 so i was happy since they are keepers :applause:

I was underbidder on a few SA ASM. It just didn't seem like a very good auction overall and very little that I needed or wanted. Prices on what I was looking at were lower than GPA except for a couple of WP copies. Those still seemed to be strong. I picked up these.

RADC637E20101214_121755.jpg

RAD9E47E20101214_121516.jpg

RAD5DDEE201114_145429.jpg

There were a few BA Avengers that were sitting at about half what i would have paid. When i put in my max bid with a few seconds left, i expected a huge jump or the dreaded "you've been outbid" message. Instead, i won the books with the price only going up 1 bid increment (shrug)

I got 4 BA Avengers, 3 were the lowest ever GPA recorded sale and the other was the second lowest behind a sale back in 04 so i was happy since they are keepers :applause:

After being the hottest title around for nearly three years, the Avengers are nearly dead. I think you might be the only person actively pursuing them.

After being the hottest title around for nearly three years, the Avengers are nearly dead. I think you might be the only person actively pursuing them.

It definitely seemed like it last night! Hey, like i said, since these are keepers for me i'm MORE than happy to get them for half of what they were going for a few years ago.

I'm grabbing the odd BA book here and there because the prices are so good lately. I think the amount of issues submitted for these has exploded in the last couple years, not sure why it took so long to happen because the art work on many of these issues is just aweome.. One of my favorite series when I was a kid. :cloud9:

Same here. When i was a kid, i had a very simple method of judging comic books.

anything with Thor = awesome

anything with Hawkeye = Awesome!

anything with Vision = AWESOME!!!

anything with all 3 of them = :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: