• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #238 w/ Mark Jewelers Insert?

35 posts in this topic

Question for the collective masses.....

Has anyone ever seen the MJ inserts in comics other than those from Marvel and DC? Archies, Charltons, Atlas Seaboard? I never have and wonder if these titles ever carried the insert? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Negative replies required...... grin.gif

Jim

Recently began reevaluating my entire collection checking for variants, inserts, double covers, cash stuck in between the pages, etc. and found a few MJ inserts that haven't been mentioned:

Marvel Spotlight (vol. 1) - 32 ('76)

Marvel 2-In-1 - 41, 57, 63, 64, 73, 79, 80, 84, 87 thru 93 ('78 thru '82)

Micronauts (vol. 1) - 14, 17 thru 26, 28 thru 37 ('80 thru '82)

Moon Knight (vol. 1) - 12 thru 14 ('81)

I also have several Silver Surfer from the mid '80's with the MJ inserts and will add them once I get to them.

I purchased a collection with over 700 DIFFERENT book w/ Mark Jewelers inserts in them. The collection was mostly Bronze Age Marvel but almost every DC in the collection (< 100 books) has one.

Notable books (just off the top of my head)...

X-Men 94

Iron Man 55

Marvel Premiere 15

a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember...

The inserts range from early '70s to the mid-'80s. So far I've counted 12(?) different ones.

--Stronguy

Copied from one of my previous posts.....

They stopped in Marvel Comics cover dated either May or Jun 1991....

These are some of the final issues with the insert:

Fantastic Four #353

Spectacular Spider-Man #177

Punisher #49

Avengers #333

New Mutants #99

X-Factor #67

Note that the inserts apparently were only added in 32 page comics near the end. Some of the "super-sized" issues either have or didn't have the insert. Squarebounds did not. Those that were stapled usually did but not all. ASM #300 and Fantastic Four #350 have the insert and New Mutants #100 did not.

I've bought many many Bronze comics with the inserts since I posted this in January.... grin.gif

Jim

This price variant nut does...more passive as I just get them in lots sometimes...I think the price logo variants are rarer, IMO..

Imagine how rare a price variant with a MJ insert must be. flamed.gifThat would be the ultimate for a variant collector.

You left out double cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that would be the ultimate of ultimate variants. 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Not a price variant, but....

interesting37.jpg

If anybody has any MTU issues with MJ inserts please PM me smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

If anybody has any MOKF issues with MJ inserts please PM me laugh.giflaugh.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

MOKF 46 G with Mark Jewelers Gold board insert - Shang Chi vs Sumo on the cover :thumbs-up:

I have a Marvel Spotlight #5 and a Tomb of Dracula #10, both with MJ inserts. I think a few other Ghost Rider Spotlights also have the MJ insert.

Are you interested in selling either of them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif