• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

went to my LCS today...

14 posts in this topic

picked up my last 3 weeks of readers and some special requests of sold out issues for forumites..

read Batman Gotham knights 50 and 51 - this is AWESOME. "Return of Hush" - surprised it wasn't brought up, but this would have been what would have wnated to see in issue 620 instead of the 100 Bullets on Batman tripe over the last 5 issues 893frustrated.gif

also picked up about 6 issues of Supes/Batman 8 and Teen titans 9 = means I'll be able to get the sets to those who asked for them thumbsup2.gif

also plenty of supes godfall books part 3- 5

Teen Titans has been a fun read (since this is my first true exposure to them) Some of the old DC fans on here may feel it to be just another tired revamp/reboot. I love the read and the characters are engaging... the repartee between Robin and Superboy (Connor Kent) is like Bats and Supes in thier title, just on a smaller scale.

and Batman Gotham Knights 50 is titled "The Return of Hush" shocked.gif

Click here for pic

the 100 Bullets on Batman tripe over the last 5 issues

I haven't checked it out, but was it really that bad?

Loved the team on 100 Bullets and would have thought their 'crime noir' style would be well suited to Batman. confused-smiley-013.gif

The problem with the current arc is Batman seems a bit out of character. His "charcter voice" is not quite right. Having said that, I have found myself enjoying Azz's take a little more with each issue. I especially like the two villians Azz is using. I would recommend picking it up in trade. Also, I think Rizzo's art works well with Batman.

I'm really enjoying the Gotham Nights story, too. You're right, it's gotten mentioned surprisingly little now that I think about it.

Hated the last Batman run. Didn't even read them after the first 3.

Big Titans fan, have been since the '85 relaunch. Enjoying the new series just as much. Like the blending of the new and the old a lot.

Loved the team on 100 Bullets and would have thought their 'crime noir' style would be well suited to Batman. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's the best Batman I've read in 20 years.

I may be exaggerating a bit; I like tripe...fried or in a peanut soup cloud9.gif HObbes nails it on the head - it seemed out of character. The 100 Bullets approach on Bats does not work for me confused-smiley-013.gif especially coming off that Lee/Loeb run, but I was trying to say that what may have worked better logically after Lee's run on Bats 619 would have been a segue into the current Return to Hush storyline in Gotham Knights as 620 instead of Risso/Azzy...

The current Batman arc has gotten better with each issue. It will read much better as a trade (where you can read it at one clip), instead of waiting each month and trying to remember what was said and done in the previous issue(s).

Also, as Darth points out, the change for Lee/Loeb to Azz/Risso is pretty drastic in both writing and art.

Have enjoyed the run, and love the page I own from it, but I'll be glad when they're back on Bullets full-time. I'll probably drop Batman once this arc concludes.

I'll probably drop Batman once this arc concludes.

Yup, I was duped into the Lee run, but wont make that mistake again. I cut my losses and sold that waste of paper a few weeks ago. Next weeks issue will be my last, then it goes back to being the [!@#%^&^] it's been since after Adams left the book.