• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #40 CGC 4.0 Universal: FS or TRADE (CLOSED)

53 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I did not want to have to part with this one, but I'm willing to do so if it will help me acquire the right copy of Fantastic Four #1 that I'm looking for. Offered below is a book that needs no introduction.

Detective Comics #40

CGC Universal 4.0

CREAM TO OFF-WHITE Pages

Serial #: 0913958001

Only 23 Universal copies ever graded by CGC.

Origin & 1st appearence of Clayface.

1st cover appearence of the Joker.

15th appearence of Batman.

4th appearence of Robin.

Full-page add for Batman #1.

Asking Price: $2,500 (offers considered)

or

Fantastic Four #1 CGC Graded (accepted in trade for either all of or part of the cost above).

Grades I'm looking for would be in the 1.5 to 2.5 Universal and the 3.0 to 5.0 Restored ranges.

If anyone has the right copy I'm looking for and would be willing to let it go via trade, I am willing to give a significant discount on the Tec #40 if not an even-exchange all together.

First :takeit: ends the listing but PM's are welcome as well.

Trade-offers of CGC-graded copies of FF #1 are also more than welcome. :grin:

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to either contact me directly via PM or post them right here in the thread and I will be certain to get right back to you. (thumbs u

mine3.jpg

mine4.jpg

mine5.jpg

Don't do it Ryan. Trust me you will regret this one. And I can almost bet you will belisting the ff on the sales thread within 2 weeks. Not to knock the FF , its a nice book to have but never at the expense of a tec.

Don't do it Ryan. Trust me you will regret this one. And I can almost bet you will belisting the ff on the sales thread within 2 weeks. Not to knock the FF , its a nice book to have but never at the expense of a tec.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

A CGC boards intervention... :applause:

Thank you to all for your PM's, and thoughts shared directly here in the thread.

I had a feeling that devoted GA collectors (especially Tec collectors) would feel my proposal to be a bit outlandish. As I have mentioned, there have only been 23 universal copies of Detective Comics #40 ever graded by CGC and I realize that there are literally hundreds of FF #1's.

However, I have thought this over and feel that with Tec #40 becoming such a hot book as of late, now may be the best time to make this sale/trade proposal.

While I realize that many collectors may feel that I will end up getting the short end of the stick within a transaction such as the one that I have proposed, please allow for my lunacy to be to your benefit.

There are plenty of copies of FF #1 in the grade-ranges that I would consider so if you think that you may have one that I'd be interested in, make a move that will land you this copy of Detective Comics #40 before it becomes unavailable. ;)

Thank you to all for your PM's, and thoughts shared directly here in the thread.

I had a feeling that devoted GA collectors (especially Tec collectors) would feel my proposal to be a bit outlandish. As I have mentioned, there have only been 23 universal copies of Detective Comics #40 ever graded by CGC and I realize that there are literally hundreds of FF #1's.

However, I have thought this over and feel that with Tec #40 becoming such a hot book as of late, now may be the best time to make this sale/trade proposal.

While I realize that many collectors may feel that I will end up getting the short end of the stick within a transaction such as the one that I have proposed, please allow for my lunacy to be to your benefit.

There are plenty of copies of FF #1 in the grade-ranges that I would consider so if you think that you may have one that I'd be interested in, make a move that will land you this copy of Detective Comics #40 before it becomes unavailable. ;)

I think it's a fine move. The motivation seems sound and with many of these books going up and down, sell while it's hot. Good luck and I hope you get the price or FF 1 you desire ( I hope it's at least a 2.5 Universal (thumbs u )

Each to his own but for me someone would have to give me a FF 6.0 blue for me to consider a trade. Don't care what guide or GpA even says. I have had a few FFs in the past. And never owned a tec 40 so it says something.

Each to his own but for me someone would have to give me a FF 6.0 blue for me to consider a trade. Don't care what guide or GpA even says. I have had a few FFs in the past. And never owned a tec 40 so it says something.

It's about motivation. He's motivated and has a reason. And the great part is that someone else may get to own that Tec 40 for the first time. If you never owned a Tec 40...here is your chance... hm

Thank you to all for the PM's and the interest.

Update:

I am currently putting the Detective Comics #40 on hold for the next 24-hours; pending a possible transaction.

I will be certain to update the thread when and if this possible transaction is finalized. (thumbs u

It's about motivation. He's motivated and has a reason. And the great part is that someone else may get to own that Tec 40 for the first time. If you never owned a Tec 40...here is your chance... hm

Maybe not for the first time...but someone will surely make off with one helluva GA issue.

Maybe not for the first time...but someone will surely make off with one helluva GA issue.

It would be a first time for Yannis if he got it.

I don't think Yannis has a FF 1 to swing a trade...but who knows? :shrug:

Maybe he could snag one real quick. He's had a few before.

Maybe he could snag one real quick. He's had a few before.

Nah no interest in a FF really anymore. Been there a few times like 3 (or was it 4? ??? years ago) anyway If I had to do this it would have to be a AF 15.. Thats the only book id ever trade a GA book for (and I still wouldnt jump on it)