• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoodeedoo stikes! Super High Grade FFs 9.8s...

24 posts in this topic

I think he's got all or most of these simultaneously listed up on ComicLink. He definitely offered all these books to us in the forums a few months ago, and these are the books we passed on.

I think he's got all or most of these simultaneously listed up on ComicLink. He definitely offered all these books to us in the forums a few months ago, and these are the books we passed on.

Yes, we both were jumped on the FF 116 that day. foreheadslap.gif

Somebody is taking advantage of 50cent day. thumbsup2.gif

I need several of those, but I'm not paying those prices. The prices offered to us earlier were less than these now, and I didn't pay then because they were too high.

Here's a good rule of thumb - if I can buy something from Chuck cheaper (albeit during one of his mega-sales), your price is too high.

Whatever happened to Hoo? He used to be one of the best participants on these boards, and then he vanished. Was he part of the trend of quitting these boards in disgust?

Whatever happened to Hoo? He used to be one of the best participants on these boards, and then he vanished. Was he part of the trend of quitting these boards in disgust?

He decided to sell all his comics, and after that, he hasn't been back since

But the question on everyones mind is..... Why buy:

THIS

When you can get:

THIS?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

What in tarnation do those have to do with anything about this thread? confused.gif

sumo.gif

He decided to sell all his comics, and after that, he hasn't been back since

He certainly is selling all his books, and with a vengeance!

It makes me kinda sad,....he'll never be able to assemble those early Marvels in those grades again ....I think he's has most of them since the early 80's..... frown.gif

It makes me kinda sad,....he'll never be able to assemble those early Marvels in those grades again ....I think he's has most of them since the early 80's..... frown.gif

Yeah, but think of all the fun he's going to have with all that cash 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, but think of all the fun he's going to have with all that cash 893applaud-thumb.gif

No joke, and I don't see his story as being "sad" in any way. What would be heart-breaking would be for him to hold his books indefinitely, prices inevitably drop, and then be kicking his hass for not getting out with the most $$$.

No joke, and I don't see his story as being "sad" in any way. What would be heart-breaking would be for him to hold his books indefinitely, prices inevitably drop, and then be kicking his hass for not getting out with the most $$$.

What's going to be sad is when they don't sell. Again, if you're more expensive than Chuck, your prices are too high.

Maybe I'm different,...I'm a collector at heart,...the $ I pay for a book doesn't really matter when it's something I want.......so that fact that a book I own today worth 2 G's that may only be worth $500.00 10 years from now is pointless to me.....My concern would be the ability to recreate that collection in the same quality once sold......it's not about the money for everyone...... 893naughty-thumb.gif...buy what you love,....love what you buy.... smile.gif

pardon my ignorance, but that ASM #67 listed Curator

What makes a comic a "Curator copy" and was this submitted with a certificate to CGC?

Thanks

Zeman