• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comic Con May 21-22 @ Irving Convention Center

172 posts in this topic

OK....let's start a list of boardies going to the Dallas Comic Con May 21-22.

1) Shark

2) Aggiez

Just copy this list and add your name to the bottom in a new post. The more the merrier! :banana:

WOW this show sure has grown since the last one I went to in '09. I hope to get back to it some day.

My time-frame has narrowed. I'll probably be in Houston on Saturday (21st) as my wife has a book signing scheduled. hm (...sounds like a good time to drop by and visit Richard at Bedrock if he's still in town).

I'll try to stop by the Irving Convention Center on Sunday and check out the Con. If you happen to see a guy who looks like a cross between Lemmy and Duane Allman, just smile and wave. lol

I'm hoping that Bedrock will be at the con, I'd like to drop some more money with him! He had some great stuff at WW Austin.

I haven't dropped any money his way yet, but Richard certainly has the golden age bait to lure my wallet south!

Unfortunately, since I'll be traveling with my wife to Houston for a book signing on the 21st (which is late, so we'll probably stay over) I'm not sure whether we'll make it back to the Metroplex before dealers start break-(down) dancing on Sunday. (shrug)

Missed the Austin show (unless you mean ArmadilloCon which is more SF and costuming than comics; don't get me started on that one).

What sort of material did Mr. B have at the Austin event???

I bought a Tales of Suspense #5 that he graded a 5.0 and after a press by Joeypost came back a 6.0 (and probably would have done better but for a light dust shadow). He had a few other things I was looking at but didn't have the bankroll for at that particular show.

I'm hoping that Bedrock will be at the con, I'd like to drop some more money with him! He had some great stuff at WW Austin.

I haven't dropped any money his way yet, but Richard certainly has the golden age bait to lure my wallet south!

Unfortunately, since I'll be traveling with my wife to Houston for a book signing on the 21st (which is late, so we'll probably stay over) I'm not sure whether we'll make it back to the Metroplex before dealers start break-(down) dancing on Sunday. (shrug)

Missed the Austin show (unless you mean ArmadilloCon which is more SF and costuming than comics; don't get me started on that one).

If you want to head back down to Houston the following weekend, comicpalooza takes place 27-29.

If you want to head back down to Houston the following weekend, comicpalooza takes place 27-29.

hm Unfortunately, Comicpalooza won't work. I have art space booked for Conquest 42 in KC that same weekend; my wife (Rachel Caine) is Toastmaster (Toastmistress??) and folks we haven't seen in years are expecting us both there. (shrug)

http://www.conquestkc.org/

Oh well, that's one of the drawbacks of also being part of the SF community for many years, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! (thumbs u

The DWC booth will be the CGC booth as well. DWC will be accepting all submissions for CGC and DWC will be acting as the Authorized CGC Signature Series Facilitator for the show. So all Blue Label and Signature Series submissions will be accpeted at the booth. I hope that helps. And look for a really cool announcement to come out soon for another show exclusive.

Chandler....do we bring all of our books to be signed straight to your booth and then you guys go get the sigs and submit on to CGC? Or do we get the sigs ourselves and get one of you guys to witness?

The DWC booth will be the CGC booth as well. DWC will be accepting all submissions for CGC and DWC will be acting as the Authorized CGC Signature Series Facilitator for the show. So all Blue Label and Signature Series submissions will be accpeted at the booth. I hope that helps. And look for a really cool announcement to come out soon for another show exclusive.

Chandler....do we bring all of our books to be signed straight to your booth and then you guys go get the sigs and submit on to CGC? Or do we get the sigs ourselves and get one of you guys to witness?

I have been meaning to ask this too.