• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of a Fantastic Four member - SPOILERS

62 posts in this topic

Isn't he dead just in time for the events of XMEN 141 which show all of those tombstones of fallen heroes? lol back in the year 2013

But all the Fantastic Four are there, which is why Franklin is so ticked.

Isn't he dead just in time for the events of XMEN 141 which show all of those tombstones of fallen heroes? lol back in the year 2013

But all the Fantastic Four are there, which is why Franklin is so ticked.

We need to kill them all to meet that futuristic deadline. hm

I remember reading those issues when they came out wondering what Marvel would be doing in 2013.

I read it... You don't actually see him die.. Just get covered in a swarm and it is assumed he dies

See... that's why I'm not buying this comic. More of the same old carp. :sumo:

If you were a collector in the 90's and you buy 2 of these comics, one to read and one to keep in the bag, well..... :roflmao::roflmao:

And another thing, if you did buy 2, YOU are the reason they keep doing this carp! (tsk)

What's funny is that Marvel actually expects anyone to care about these continual death/return storylines. Come on guys, that lame tactic was old in the 90's. doh!

If no one cared, why have there been 20 threads about it over the last few months? For that matter, if you didn't care, why post in the thread or bother reading it in the first place? That's the definition of not caring... not even bothering to be involved with it in any way because, wait for it, wait for it.... you DON'T care.

People may have a negative reaction to the death story because it's been done before, but they still care. I'm willing to bet that this issue of FF will sell huge numbers relative to other books. That is not a sign of "not caring".

What's funny is that Marvel actually expects anyone to care about these continual death/return storylines. Come on guys, that lame tactic was old in the 90's. doh!

If no one cared, why have there been 20 threads about it over the last few months? For that matter, if you didn't care, why post in the thread or bother reading it in the first place? That's the definition of not caring... not even bothering to be involved with it in any way because, wait for it, wait for it.... you DON'T care.

People may have a negative reaction to the death story because it's been done before, but they still care. I'm willing to bet that this issue of FF will sell huge numbers relative to other books. That is not a sign of "not caring".

Good points. I guess I do care enough to talk about it.

BUT not enough to actually buy the book and support this type of sales tactic. (thumbs u

Man! How I did and do hate that F'ing robot!!!!!!!!! :pullhair:

The worst part was when Marvel (in response to the mass complaints) started concocting a story about how Herbie was designed as a character for the show on his own merits and it had *nothing* to do with the network being worried over lawsuits when kids started lighting themselves on fire.

Even Stan Lee (or was it Shooter?) wrote a Bullpen Bulletins supporting this claim.

Riiiight. meh

JC, the reason for the Human Torch's absence from the FF cartoon show was that the character was optioned by a different studio (Universal, I think) for a live action TV pilot. It was a matter of production rights and it had nothing to do with overzealous networks being afraid of action by parent groups.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/50-years-fantastic-four-no-more-death-human-20110124-211132-332.html

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Fifty years after cosmic rays transformed him into a man ablaze, Marvel Entertainment has extinguished the Human Torch's flame and his life, too, as the pop culture purveyor of super heroes and villains embarks on an ambitious story line that ends the Fantastic Four.

In the newest issue of one of the company's longest-running comic books, Johnny Storm's life is taken amid a massive battle that writer Jonathan Hickman has been scripting for a year-and-a-half. Illustrator Steve Epting did the art.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :o oooooo

I'm still alive. I'm still alive.

Can anyone hear me???????? :whatev:

Kill Daredevil, heck he's blind.

Kill off Professor X, he is old and infirm.

Writers are so weak these days that all they can think of is kill a major character or alter a characters universe so they can ignore past storylines and do whatever they want without a care of what long time readers think.

This is why i no longer read the new hero stuff.

Fantastic Four 381 was much more daring. They killed Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom...only to have them come back a few years later.