• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's Try This Again! PGM Ghost Rider #1

8 posts in this topic

Hi again! :hi:

First, I want to say "thank you" to anyone who has patience with a newbie like me. I would like to submit some of my comic books to CGCC, but I don't want to waste my money if it's not worth it. I respect the opinions of the vets here greatly.

From what I see so far from other posts, it really makes no fiscal sense to submit a comic book to CGC unless it's a 9.0 or above. Well, I mean if it's a Silver or Bronze Age Marvel - that's what my collection is comprised of.

I know I am "taking" much of everyone's time with asking for opinions. I hope one day to learn how to grade properly so I may distinguish comic books worth of CGC submission vs. keeping it "raw." When that evolution is complete, I will gladly "give back" to the community when any future "newbie" comes. I genuinely want to contribute positively to this community here.

Anyway, here is a Ghost Rider #1 I would like to submit to CGC. Is it worth the $50 gamble to do so? ???

Again, please be stringent in your grading when telling me what you think this copy would score at. If it's a low grade, please point out where on the cover or back you are deducting points. That is the only way I can learn, and eventually contribute to others in the future.

Z-GhostRider1Front.jpg

Z-GhostRider1Back.jpg

VF- and No it isnt worth the slabbing fees.

Many thanks for your reply and advice!

I'm 2/2 with duds so far in my brief posting career here at the forums. :makepoint:

I'll have to see if this issue is worth anything "raw" and try to unload it on eBay. Start the bidding at $9.95 and see if I can get $25 or thereabouts for it.

Seeing I only paid 20¢ for this bad boy, I'll still make a decent return ... albeit 30+ years later! Hahahaha! :D

I will also agree 7.5 (In order of significance impact to LRC of FC, color breaking spine ticks, and small crease to URC of FC) If it only had a couple of the lighter spine stress lines I would say close to 9.0, which would probably still be too low to slab.

My first thought was 7.5, but on inspection I think it's a good shot at 8.0 - flaws as described by others here.

But don't entomb your comic books. Unless it's very rare, very high grade or very valuable, it's better off breathing the sweet air of freedom - well, from within a mylar maybe.

Oh, and your approach to the forum will take you far - welcome aboard. :headbang: