• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The paper trail..

232 posts in this topic

Yikes, not this tired discussion again. Yes, DC had some lame covers. Yes, Timely covers had a narrow subject focus on theirs. Yes, making gay jokes about Robin and Bucky is mildly humorous.

Blah, blah, blah.

It gets billy parker to general and that is worth it. It won't be too long before he is retired and decides that he is going to take up scrimshaw or something and forgets about comics all together.

I'd agree that Timely is #1 when it comes to cover art. Most of the Timely covers are pretty spectacular, even if they have a "sameness" to them as Doiby says.

But if we're talking about overall quality of the book (story and plot, dialogue, interior artwork, inventiveness, entertainment value, etc) then in my opinion there's really no contest between DCs and Timelys. DC wins hands down. And that doesn't mean Timely comes in 2nd. Dell, Quality, and Fawcett are all better in terms of overall quality (IMHO). :shy:

You know Mr.Parker. That is a very impressive group shot! Hopefully one day I can start collecting the run, but for now I can't. Awesome run!
This is a goal of mine also, but it will be a few years I think.
I have no idea why this run appeals to me. I think it is the yellow covers :cloud9:

You know Mr.Parker. That is a very impressive group shot! Hopefully one day I can start collecting the run, but for now I can't. Awesome run!
This is a goal of mine also, but it will be a few years I think.
I have no idea why this run appeals to me. I think it is the yellow covers :cloud9:

Or maybe it's the half-naked fish man flexing his wings that's caught your attention. :baiting:

Only joking of course - those Subby covers are great and I would much rather have those than the Cap's.