• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The paper trail..

232 posts in this topic

I loved the Worlds Finest covers. I also love the More Fun Spectre covers, The Adventure superhero covers, etc.. It seems people love to single out the wonky covers from DC, but neglect that Marvel doesnt have any roots in the GA-MA. Captain America was missing for a few years, Subby was all but forgotten save the FF, and the Torch was scrapped. And then what about the Red Raven or Destroyer? Destroyer had some sweet azz pants..

I guess if he was wearing swim trunks he would have gotten your attention. :sumo:
Ever issue showing Robin on the cover is a swimsuit cover by default. Whether it's showing or not, we know he's wearing it.

Argument fail. :foryou:

But the same can be said for Toro and Subby. :foryou:

In fact, I believe Robin is secretly a Subby fan by wearing those bun holders. lol

I guess if he was wearing swim trunks he would have gotten your attention. :sumo:
Ever issue showing Robin on the cover is a swimsuit cover by default. Whether it's showing or not, we know he's wearing it.

In fact, I believe Robin is secretly a Subby fan by wearing those bun holders. lol
Robin maintained his own comic for years, Subby and Toro did not.. :baiting:

I loved the Worlds Finest covers. I also love the More Fun Spectre covers, The Adventure superhero covers, etc.. It seems people love to single out the wonky covers from DC, but neglect that Marvel doesnt have any roots in the GA-MA. Captain America was missing for a few years, Subby was all but forgotten save the FF, and the Torch was scrapped. And then what about the Red Raven or Destroyer? Destroyer had some sweet azz pants..
You're now weaving into other lanes. Stop drinking.

I'm arguing a lameness level, and you are arguing print runs/longevity of a series/multiple chronological ages... etc... :makepoint:

True. Some people got the memo that they should stop. Others didn't get that memo and kept on truckin' doh!

True. Some people got the memo that they should stop. Others didn't get that memo and kept on truckin' doh!
Fabian Niceiza is a genius, and the book was readable! :blahblah:

That's because they sold while the Timely's went out of business. Since Atlas horror is awesome, I'm glad it happened. :cloud9:

Hardly, they made of had flames but the boy wonder was flamming. I don't recall an issue where they were sharing a bed. :eek:

Hardly, they made of had flames but the boy wonder was flamming. I don't recall an issue where they were sharing a bed. :eek:

Yet Batman has had GF's, love interestes, and a son. Subby has..... Umm... Pointy ears.

We need Ciorac, Bedrock and Billy Parker in this thread.

it's about looking rearward from our current viewpoint and making valid commentary about the startling incidence of lameness endemic in d.c. titles [of course there are some great d.c. covers, or course there are some lame timely covers]. here is a sample comparison, from the summer of '44, as to what two third-string titles were doing. it kinda says it all. to me, at least.

leading.jpg

usa13.jpg