• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man #1 CGC 9.4

4 posts in this topic

I hope bidders are paying attention as it seems to me like there is some key information missing from the entire auction decsription. I hate shady stuff like this 893censored-thumb.gif

ASM #1 Reprint

Just list it as the Golden Record Reprint it is....don't make bidders try to look for the clues 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well it does say 1966 (year of the reprint) in the auction title, and the fact that its a reissue in the first line of the description. There is also a large scan of the CGC label which states it is the Golden Record reprint.

I don't see the problem. confused-smiley-013.gif

I see nothing shady either. From the title, description, and images present, I'd hesitate to think that someone could possibly mistake this for an original 1963 #1.

as described:

*1966 re-issue

*this issue published between the time of #33 to #36

*scarcer than the original

*current value = $500 to $700

*images of the label clarifying the description (in case you don't read the title and description thoroughly)

Mark's covered all bases. Looks fine to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you can't determine it...and certainly if some one did not look over the auction in detail, then it's pretty much their own fault.

What I am saying is that their is a population of collectors out there that may not be aware of the original issue date so 1966 in the title instead if GRR or reprint or something is certainly a way to lure folks to the auction, no real harm in that, but one little word about reissue in the entire description to me, means that they wern't going to lose any sleep if a few bidders mistakenly bid on this thinking it was the original.

Additionally the picture of the label isn't the size of a billboard or anything so although I can see it says GRR, some might miss that. There is enough information for most collectors to understand what they are looking at, it's just newer collectors that probably never heard of a GRR that I feel could be mislead somewhat by that lack of more information in the description.

Ask your self if you listed this book would you make sure that it clearly stated that it was a Golden Record Reprint or would you put the word reissue in lower case somewhere in the middle???

Hey it may just be me that thinks this is a little shady, but I do a lot of business on Ebay and I had to look for the clue on this one confused-smiley-013.gif