• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rare Mag titles

13 posts in this topic

Hey, gang...

So whats rare in the mag titles, Creepy#17 is definatly rare from my findings(and if anyone has one in higher grade, please PM me), but what else, what about the marvel mags... I just snatched up a full run of NM+ copies of the hulk mag for $30 canadian, is that a good buy or am I just another sucker?

'best

Bronzejunkie

PS:

$30 CDN equals out to $2 American... Just kidding, i think it's around $18-$20 US.

Hulk mags had mediocre art but have upside potential b/c of Hulk movie coming out 2003. Would say Marv C Super Spcl #5 KISS is much scarcer than #1 KISS & could justify the $100 Ostreet value. #1 is common b/c it was much hyped w/ real KISS blood & I bought over 10 copies off the rack. All gone now.

I used to read that In The Days Of The Mob and Spirit World were scarce, but that was before Ebay. Probably pretty scarce in high grade though? And I don't think they guide for much, but I think it's tough to find a copy of Joe Kubert's Sojourn # 1 or 2 that hasn't been folded. (Are they considered a magazine?)

Theres a ESQUIRE that has a mini Spider-Man comic that is hard to find. The mini comic is a reprint of a early ASM, BIRTH OF A HERO story. I've found the mini comic several times, but have never found it still attached to the magazine. Reason; because I don't know what issue of the magazine to look for. Anyone know?

Also, magazines like SPACEMEN, MOLE PEOPLE, and some fan magazines with the Beatles, Elvis, and other celibrities will be popular.

All the SkyWald titles, especially NIGHTMARE - you just can't find them in grade at all. Nightmare 20 is the first Byrne art book, and goes for 4-8X Guide everytime I have one.

The Overstreet lists this as a different mag. However, the cover dates are the same so they may have the same insert. I have only seen the Eye magazine one for sale! frown.gif