• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the deal??

2 posts in this topic

I just found an old copy of the Overstreet Price Guide 29th Edition and in the back they have their "cover gallery". On page 948, upper left corner is a copy of "Archie's Pals 'n' Gals" #1. If you are not familiar with the copy, Archie is daydreaming about two girls (a blonde and a brunette), with two of his "pals" in the background watching. One says: "Whats that guy Archie got that I havent?" And Jughead (the other pal) says: "I dont know Reggie, but where women are concerned, whatever it is, he can keep it."

Now I saw the movie "Chasing Amy" which was a decent Affleck flick (say that five times fast!!) and two of the actors discuss weather Jughead is gay or not. I always thought they were kidding, but looking at this cover, it makes me wonder. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but was Jughead the first gay comic character?? confused-smiley-013.gif