• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the ultimate comic that you have to have but can't afford?

92 posts in this topic

Sigh,a high grade Tales to Astonish 1 or 27.Hoping to stumble

on a LOW(cheap lol ) grade copy of number one. One day. :wishluck:

I picked up a Tales to Astonish 27 which I found in a dollar box. I paid more for the #1 but it was from a local dealer. They are still pretty cheap in low grade but everything is tough in high grade. And I also picked up a TA 35 to finish all of those ant size keys. Low grade all.

Hmm! Like most I'd love an Action 1 or Tec 27, but those are out of the most remote realm of possibility....

But I sure would enjoy a presentable Tec 29 (what a cover, like it better than even 31) and Captain America's Weird Tales #75 with the Red Skull! Either of those would be just fine. :)

I picked up a Tales to Astonish 27 which I found in a dollar box.

:o:o:o

Wanna triple your investment? :insane:

What he's not telling you though is what year this happened in :baiting:

I picked it up about 10 years ago at a flea market. It was worth a lot more than $1. Point is that you can adjust your goals a little and pick up a low grade book. Not as good as an investment but you can still get it. Saw a remainder copy (3/4 COVER) of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Daredevil 1 at the same time. Got the Daredevil but someone else got the Amazing Fantasy which he agreed to resell for $200. I hesitated and he sold it to someone else. It looks like a good deal now but since I paid less than $2 for the other two I thought I would save my money. Not such a good idea since I probably wouldn't want to pay a really high price for the AF in poor condition now. Oh well... (shrug)

Pep 22 for me.

You can have my current copy when I get my "ultimate:" the Church copy :cloud9:

I better start making payments now. lol

In a way it would be sad if I ever did get a copy as I don't collect Archie. I collect MLJ super hero books. WIth a book as rare and as important as Pep 22 it should almost stay with an avid Archie fan. I guess it is a good thing I will never be able to afford one.