• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

11 posts in this topic

Batman #2 Cookeville Pedigree 2nd Joker, 2nd Catwoman, 1st Catwoman in costume.

Solid book, Complete. Has a number of issues. Someone went crazy with some tape. I think they pulled it back off the spine and the colored in some spots with a red ink pen. They also filled in the bottom left fc with a red ink pen as well.

The interior seems to have a piece of tape wherever there was a little tear. There is also some tape on the interior cover in the center. All the pages seemed to be attached to the staples, I think they have tape where there were tears near the spine on the pages.

As you can see, a lot going on, but a solid copy of this classic book regardless. The book would be a great candidate for restoration. Please see the boardies comments on the book in the grading thread.

Asking $950 First :takeit: gets it. PM me with any offers.

Shipping is insured and will be $14.

Thank you (thumbs u

100_7448.jpg

100_7462.jpg

batman20001.jpg

batman20002.jpg

100_7449.jpg

100_7450.jpg

100_7451.jpg

100_7452.jpg

100_7453.jpg

100_7455.jpg

100_7456.jpg

100_7457.jpg

100_7458.jpg

100_7459.jpg

100_7461.jpg

100_7463.jpg

It is missing a page from the back of the book:

Batman002-64.jpg

Thats the 2nd page of that last story. Also, #2 is the first time she was called CatWoman, but #3 was her first appearance in costume.

Your book has a different back cover than my scans and the few copies that are up on E-Bay right now. Is the cover detached (w/o the tape?)

It is missing a page from the back of the book:

Batman002-64.jpg

Thats the 2nd page of that last story. Also, #2 is the first time she was called CatWoman, but #3 was her first appearance in costume.

Your book has a different back cover than my scans and the few copies that are up on E-Bay right now. Is the cover detached (w/o the tape?)

It may be detached, I would say it likely is unless there were multiple back covers. And you are right, this book doesn't have that last page of the story arc either. Thank you for that, this is only the third Golden Age superhero book that I have ever owned. I am going to take the thread down until I figure out exactly whats going on.

It may be detached, I would say it likely is unless there were multiple back covers. And you are right, this book doesn't have that last page of the story arc either. Thank you for that, this is only the third Golden Age superhero book that I have ever owned. I am going to take the thread down until I figure out exactly whats going on.

There very well have been different back covers, they are both advertising the same product, I had to keep looking back and forth to see they were different. A deeper search for other copies may help as I only looked at 3 on E-Bay.

With a book as rare as this I would send it to Matt Nelson at Classics Inc or someone to clean up the resto. Even incomplete with a little clean up I think you could sell it for higher than it was listed here with the movie coming up!

Going thru all of Heritages past sales archives,it looks like it's the wrong back cover.

Back cover is of Superman 7 or Nov/Dec1940 print time possible other DC's..not sure what the inside of the back of a Sup 7 looks like.

If that helps you any.

With a book as rare as this I would send it to Matt Nelson at Classics Inc or someone to clean up the resto. Even incomplete with a little clean up I think you could sell it for higher than it was listed here with the movie coming up!

In honesty, no, this book wouldn't make sense to restore since it's incomplete -- and even if it were complete, IMO the cost would likely be too prohibitively high to restore it given the amount of work that would be needed.

All that said, it's still a Batman #2, and will sell at the right price even with the problems.

Thanks everyone for the help. Yeah, I am not thinking that it is worth the money getting it restored. I am contacting the person who sold it to me to try and recoup some money. I got it for a decent price, but I didn't know it was incomplete. There were also some other issues not mentioned in the sale, i.e. wrong back cover doh!