• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I found the perfect book to kick off the new year but...

6 posts in this topic

I found the perfect book to buy to kick off 2011. I have been watching for the perfect Batman 3 to buy in Heritages auction that is happening right now. Nice super clean book. Some light wear but a real pretty book. But wait, what's that stain on the cover by the bottom staple? Could it be rust ?I really wanted this book but not if it is rusty so what to do? I never called CGC for grader notes but decided to give it a try. All I can say is smooth and very easy so hats off to CGC. Here is what they told me:

rusty staples

rust stains at staples

stains right side of book

big stain through bottom of the book

wrinkles, likely from water damage

I guess I will have to keep looking but getting the graders notes saved me a lot of sorrow had I bid and won the book.

Again hats off to CGC

When I read the title "new tear" I thought you were changing your collecting focus. Until I clicked on the thread. Wise move calling CGC. (thumbs u

should have been "new year". I should have known posting off an iPhone is tough. You know the equation

fat fingers + small keyboard = lots of spelling mistakes

lol