• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Suscha News Grades Are In

176 posts in this topic

This book is going to be nuts......

AVENGERS #103

Marvel

CGC NM+: 9.6

WP

Susha News

By far the hardest Marvel Picture Frame ever.

WHAT?!?!? Nobody will bid on this! Move along please, nothing to see here :whistle:

A question... Do all the Sucshas have the largish store stamp / date stamp on the back cover? I was outbid on all but the ASM 62 during the December auction, so it's the only one I've actually seen the back cover of.

I won the ASM 44 and Avengers 59 and neither have what i would call a "largish" date stamp. Imo, both are pretty small and unobtrusive.

Also, both books are SPECTACULAR! I'm definitely a Suscha news ped fan (thumbs u

Oops! Just realized you said "back cover". I dont have back cover scans but IIRC, i dont think either of my books have back cover stamps.

asm44.jpg

av59.jpg

I probably could do one of those ESPN style "You can't blame... " Metro for (fill in the blank).

I know there are some negative feelings here amongst some members directed either at Metro (the company) or Fishler (specifically). And of course, I understand those criticisms.

Over the years though (while I've certainly had ups and downs) my experience with Vinny and his treatment has generally been first rate. Frankly, Fishler has always been fairly pleasant (or at least courteous) to me when he's seen me, so I'm not the one who could really ever bad mouth the guy.

Vinny and Metro can be intense, but their service has always been first rate with me. Frankly, I've bought several slabs lately, from them at what I thought were extremely competitive prices, sometimes even better than market prices on some tough books. I find that their raw grading is generally decent. I've always felt that I've been treated respectfully etc.

I can't deny some people's experiences, I guess I just feel that Metro takes a lot of krap and I'm not sure all of it's warranted.

With all that said, the Suscha books are really really nice examples.

I probably could do one of those ESPN style "You can't blame... " Metro for (fill in the blank).

I know there are some negative feelings here amongst some members directed either at Metro (the company) or Fishler (specifically). And of course, I understand those criticisms.

Over the years though (while I've certainly had ups and downs) my experience with Vinny and his treatment has generally been first rate. Frankly, Fishler has always been fairly pleasant (or at least courteous) to me when he's seen me, so I'm not the one who could really ever bad mouth the guy.

Vinny and Metro can be intense, but their service has always been first rate with me. Frankly, I've bought several slabs lately, from them at what I thought were extremely competitive prices, sometimes even better than market prices on some tough books. I find that their raw grading is generally decent. I've always felt that I've been treated respectfully etc.

I can't deny some people's experiences, I guess I just feel that Metro takes a lot of krap and I'm not sure all of it's warranted.

:taptaptap::shy:

I've never had a problem with Vinny. I brought from Vinny before he teamed up with Metro, when he was Vincent's Collectibles Inc. He was always very courteous to me. But once he became partners with Fishler that ended.

Brian,

This is good to know, as there is always a level of skepticism associated with newly found collections. Thanks for the opinions stated.

-David

By far the hardest Marvel Picture Frame ever.

Not even close...

+1

The census now has six 9.6 graded copies. It's been that way for at least a couple of months. Maybe there are multiple Suscha News copies. Regardless, I've only seen one for sale in the last 4 years and it was badly miswrapped.

A question... Do all the Sucshas have the largish store stamp / date stamp on the back cover? I was outbid on all but the ASM 62 during the December auction, so it's the only one I've actually seen the back cover of.

I won the ASM 44 and Avengers 59 and neither have what i would call a "largish" date stamp. Imo, both are pretty small and unobtrusive.

Also, both books are SPECTACULAR! I'm definitely a Suscha news ped fan (thumbs u

Oops! Just realized you said "back cover". I dont have back cover scans but IIRC, i dont think either of my books have back cover stamps.

Here's the back cover of the Suscha ASM #62 so you can see what I was asking about. It's a stamp about 1-1/4" square with "4 8" (possibly April 8th?) and some ink below and to the right.

I'm not a fan of arrival dates / stamps, so I generally don't bid on books with them. I neglected to inquire about the back cover on this one, though.

ASM62SNBack.jpg

Here's the back cover of the Suscha ASM #62 so you can see what I was asking about. It's a stamp about 1-1/4" square with "4 8" (possibly April 8th?) and some ink below and to the right.

I'm not a fan of arrival dates / stamps, so I generally don't bid on books with them. I neglected to inquire about the back cover on this one, though.

ASM62SNBack.jpg

Arrival/date stamps usually dont bother me at all. Yours though would probably bother me a little though so i understand what you are talking about. The numbers wouldnt be a problem in the least to me but that red splotch underneath would bother even me! It almost looks like a ink fingerprint.

I'll check when i get home but i dont think my ASM44 or Avengers 59 have those. Since they dont bother me though maybe they are there and it just didnt register with me (shrug)

Just wait until you guys see the FF 2 CGC 9.8!!!!

Wait...what's that? Oh, I see.

Sorry guys, I meant wait until you see the Shogun Warriors 3 CGC 9.8. She's a beaut alright...

:tonofbricks: