• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities (MN) Comic Book Convention March 6

12 posts in this topic

The Twin Cities Comic Book Convention will be held on Sunday March 6 at Mermaid Entertainment Center 2200 Highway 10 in Mounds View, MN (I-35W EXIT 28C) The only Twin Cities Comic event with FREE admission from 10 AM to 4PM Plus you get something cool free when you sign up for our mailing list! For info contact Alan @ (309) 657-1599 or visit http://www.epguides.com/comics

I can pretty much guarantee you it's not going to be worth a 3 hour drive.

I was thinking the same thing. Since I moved from a big city to the middle of nowhere, I feel comic convention deprived.

Have you gone to this one before or are you going on the past experiences of small shows?

Wether it is worth coming to is dependent on what you are looking for. If you are looking for guests there are none so you will be disappointed. If you want to spend money to park or just walk in the door you will also be disappointed. If you are looking for comics, in the past almost all the customers who have come have spent all the money they were wanting to spend. So I am guessing they walked away happy especially since many of them keep coming back. The higher qulaity dealers who go to the big MN show do come to this one, so there is a good selection of books from the bronze and silver age as well as some golden age- plus if you are looking for deals there will be over 20k comics (mostly modern ones) for a buck each or less if you buy a big stack of them. Tables are also affordable so there are some "fanboy" dealers who are just lookig to get rid of some of thier comics. Fans regularly come to this one from Wisconsin, Duluth and other parts of northern MN.

I make the drive down from Two Harbors (3 hrs), and I feel it is well worth it. When you live this far off the beaten path, you have to make the commute to see pro sports, eat a nice meal, shop the MOA, or go to a comic show, that's just part of the cost of living in God's country.

I'll actually be setting up at this one. I have a buch of newly acquired SA Marvels, and a killer $1 long box. Also a bunch of other stuff.

No, it's not the NYCC or SDCC, but some of the better pieces in my collection have come from these shows.

Alan,

Do you have a list of dealers who are going to be set up at this show?

Thanks

I did not sign on here between the time you posted this and now so the con is long over. I do not sign on here often since in order for me to get this forum to work I have to use a web browser I normally do not use.

We did have a five "virgin" dealers, at least one of whom was a fan wanting to get rid of some stuff. All seemed happy with their sales.