• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Current Writer? Noms here, poll to follow!

44 posts in this topic

I always liked Peter David - which brings me to a question - is he writing anything now? Azzarello (I can never spell it right) work on Hellblazer was pretty awesome as well. I like what Gaiman is attempting with 1602 - and yes Busiek is very good at building suspense and then delivering the goods. Jeff Loeb is my fave Batamn writer since Denny smile.gif

Here's an unpopular position... Alan Moore is overrated. Although I thought Watchmen and Killing Joke were very good, as was the work on Miracleman and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen --- I find a lot of his efforts subpar. Top Ten, Promethea, and Tom Strong all seem rather ordinary to me.

Although I enjoy Alan Moore, I think his reputation exceeds his actual quality of work at this point. Is Alan Moore a very, very good writer? Yes, he's proven himself as steady... but I think people are putting his work on pedastal because of Watchmen, and from that standpoint, I find him to be overrated.

After reading the 1st TPB of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing I didn't see what all the hype was about. Didn't hook me in. Guess he is an acquired taste that I just haven't gained.

I'm stunned speechless. 893whatthe.gif

I honestly had to struggle to get through it without falling asleep. I like my comics,like I like my movies. Action packed and/or bloody. Alan Moore's Swamp Thing bored me to tears. To each their own.