• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Pre Robins in CLINK Auction

244 posts in this topic

And it's slight resto with no color touch and no pieces added.

The label says slight, but in my mind a married cover puts the book in the extensive category. That means the front and back cover had to be re-attached. Pretty major in my book. Again, this is my opinion

+1

Definitely not slight resto in my mind also. (thumbs u

I see where CGC is coming from here. There are so many procedures allowable in the extensive category, and even in the moderate category, that are NOT done to this book.

If this were an unrestored 4.5, I think you'd be looking at a final price of 20K or more.

And it's slight resto with no color touch and no pieces added.

The label says slight, but in my mind a married cover puts the book in the extensive category. That means the front and back cover had to be re-attached. Pretty major in my book. Again, this is my opinion

+1

Definitely not slight resto in my mind also. (thumbs u

I see where CGC is coming from here. There are so many procedures allowable in the extensive category, and even in the moderate category, that are NOT done to this book.

If this were an unrestored 4.5, I think you'd be looking at a final price of 20K or more.

That has to be the nicest restored 4.5. I bet if it wasn't for the married back cover, the price will be a bit more silly.

Nobody wants that nasty looking book.

You mean this one?

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7030&Lot_No=91300&Lot_Id_No=139001

lol:jokealert:

I wonder how many more pieces will come off the next 5-10 years. lol Still helluv cool book. :cool:

+1

An incredible book in many ways, just a shame about the severe brittleness.

You mean this one?

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7030&Lot_No=91300&Lot_Id_No=139001

I wonder how many more pieces will come off the next 5-10 years. lol Still helluv cool book. :cool:

+1

It really is a neat book.

I would love to buy it, just to see if it could be conserved for fear of it becoming an even bigger bag-o-chips.

If I had an extra couple grand lying around that is. :(

You mean this one?

+1

I would love to buy it, just to see if it could be conserved for fear of it becoming an even bigger bag-o-chips.

:D Cover is where all the value is. :)

You mean this one?

+1

:o

What's about the insides!!!!!!

I always thought this book hit high marks as its the 1st app of Julie Madison, BatBoy's Fiance!

:grin:lol

You mean this one?

+1

I always thought this book hit high marks as its the 1st app of Julie Madison, BatBoy's Fiance!

:hi: hey Bud :roflmao: of course we cant forget the 1st app of Julie. She made a major impact in the comic world.

You mean this one?

+1

(thumbs u Not this one, bag of chips. :grin:

You mean this one?

+1

(thumbs u Not this one, bag of chips. :grin:

lol

Yes i believe in this example her name is "uli Adison" as the pieces around her name have fallen off.

The "bag o chips" pedigree.

So funny (but again at the same time what a shame :cry:)

The Action Comics #13 CGC 4.5 (SP) only brought in a mere $6,200

Surprising as most people's estimates where over 10K+

And the fact this book had an offer for over 8.5K (but we figured was declined) on Clink for sale section before it went to auction, bad move on the sellers part. :eek:

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

I agree 100%.

That 6200 is just jaw dropping.

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

There may also be not that much money burning holes in pockets at the minute.

I agree 100%.

Married cover put bidders off?

I agree 100%.

Married cover put bidders off?

Very well could be.

Married cover is more than a PLOD, its a GLOD too, so whats that a "PaGLOD" lol

I just figured it was gonna hit a min 8, others were pushing higher in there estimates.