• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Pre Robins in CLINK Auction

244 posts in this topic

The Action Comics #13 CGC 4.5 (SP) only brought in a mere $6,200

Surprising as most people's estimates where over 10K+

And the fact this book had an offer for over 8.5K (but we figured was declined) on Clink for sale section before it went to auction, bad move on the sellers part. :eek: [/quote

That's definitely a shocker. I thought it would sell for no less than $8K. The initial awe it received when it first got listed and the bid was in the north of $8K. The seller should have put a reserve, since there is always a risk for softer price. Nontheless, a bargian for the happy buyer.

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

I agree 100%.

That 6200 is just jaw dropping.

Married cover put bidders off?

Very well could be.

Married cover is more than a PLOD, its a GLOD too, so whats that a "PaGLOD" lol

I just figured it was gonna hit a min 8, others were pushing higher in there estimates.

I collect GA and would have been all over this one but the timing was not right for me. I think 8K would have been a good price.

As for the back cover, it did not bother me one bit, especially when you consider the condition the front cover is in. Beautiful!

As for peoples estimates, some people would have loved to see the book crack 10K. But the market has spoken.

Too much selection on the market these. I know if I have money burning in my pocket and I'm looking for a book I'm going to look elsewhere if I feel like I can't make a deal on a certain book.

I agree 100%.

That 6200 is just jaw dropping.

Married cover put bidders off?

Very well could be.

Married cover is more than a PLOD, its a GLOD too, so whats that a "PaGLOD" lol

I just figured it was gonna hit a min 8, others were pushing higher in there estimates.

I collect GA and would have been all over this one but the timing was not right for me. I think 8K would have been a good price.

As for the back cover, it did not bother me one bit, especially when you consider the condition the front cover is in. Beautiful!

As for peoples estimates, some people would have loved to see the book crack 10K. But the market has spoken.

I agree, the back cover was not a bother. I as most try to avoid PLODs and GLODs but when its a mega-key book like this its no longer a problem. And like you said it was a terrific example for what it was, married and all.

If I was a rich man I would have hit it and never quite it.

As for the market hopefully it'll bring others down some but I doubt it.

And the fact this book had an offer for over 8.5K (but we figured was declined) on Clink for sale section before it went to auction, bad move on the sellers part. :eek: [/quote

That's definitely a shocker. I thought it would sell for no less than $8K. The initial awe it received when it first got listed and the bid was in the north of $8K. The seller should have put a reserve, since there is always a risk for softer price. Nontheless, a bargian for the happy buyer.

Completely agree. 8K seems like a FMV min on this book.

If I had 6300 in funds currently I would have bid on this book, but alas I do not. :cry:

Perhaps the bargain of the month as far as auctions? We'll know when all the auctions are over. hm

Perhaps the bargain of the month as far as auctions? We'll know when all the auctions are over.

My guess is not. The next four days will concentrate a massive volume of comics and art into them, and if a book like this falls far short of expectations in the first hour of the first day of auctions, my guess there will be more bargains to follow. :wishluck:

Perhaps the bargain of the month as far as auctions? We'll know when all the auctions are over.

My guess is not. The next four days will concentrate a massive volume of comics and art into them, and if a book like this falls far short of expectations in the first hour of the first day of auctions, my guess there will be more bargains to follow. :wishluck:

You've defiantly got a point there. hm

Some books staying pretty darn low in the HA auction right now.

Completely agree. 8K seems like a FMV min on this book.

If I had 6300 in funds currently I would have bid on this book, but alas I do not. :cry:

Perhaps the bargain of the month as far as auctions? We'll know when all the auctions are over. hm

Perhaps it will be the last well presented restored A13 for low $6K. The blue label is so rare for this book.

If my copy is offered by itself, it can be a blue label...but it's well disclosed here already...married pages not married back cover...or missing two centerwraps blue label.

You've defiantly got a point there. hm

Some books staying pretty darn low in the HA auction right now.

Cap # 1 7.5 (MP) at a hair under $8k with a few minutes to go.....if it stays near where its at, it will be another bargain.]