• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw Ironman 2 and I have to say, didn't think it was too good

75 posts in this topic

Terrance Howard isn't in it. One of the real casting mistakes in recent years was replacing him with Don Cheadle as Rhodes.

Terrance Howard wanted more money than RD jr and he, understandably, was dropped. Had nothing to do with casting and everything to do with reality

I thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, but still really good in my opinion.
(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I thought it was bland, generic garbage. :acclaim:

Black widow made this movie 4 me. :cloud9:

Scarlett Johansson's one-note, almost-cameo performance (granted, she wasn't given much to do) made the film?

She did look good in form-fitting leather, though. Time, obviously, for a reappraisal.

I just saw Bringing Up Baby last week. I really didn't think it lived up to the hype.

You mean we shouldn't expect too much from a genre film, no matter how lazily put together it is??

lol I love the Brits almost as much as Watson does.

Mickey Rourke isn't a great actor, never was,

:o

:o :o

Rourke is one hell of an actor. Pope of Greenwich Village is still one of my favorite movies.

Now, Ben Affleck, that's a horrible actor.

He was outstanding in movies like BARFLY and THE WRESTLER, among others

Wild Orchid.

:insane:

I just saw Bringing Up Baby last week. I really didn't think it lived up to the hype.

You mean we shouldn't expect too much from a genre film, no matter how lazily put together it is??

lol I love the Brits almost as much as Watson does.

:shy:

I thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic. It wasn't perfect, but still really good in my opinion.
(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I thought it was bland, generic garbage. :acclaim:

I had few expectations and thought it was okay. A better -script would've helped it tremendously with the core of actors they had. Oh, and there was waaaaaaaaaaay too much of Jon Favreau in it doh!

I have to say that my expectations were not high going into it so I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was average at best, put it this way I won't be buying the dvd. I did enjoy the women in the movie and the special effects. I also thought Downey jr was decent.

I don't see how 2 hours of suffering makes a great story.

Alot people disagree with that - Passion of the Christ - proves this point.

The point in a great story about suffering is that the suffering is not the point. It's the vehicle used to deliver the point.

To me The Wrestler hit home because it was so real.

- I am pretty sure the first movie had Iron Man against another Iron Man. A new plot please.

YEAH!!! They'd never try that in the comics.......

It's not like IM has faced suited up villains with names like:

Crimson Dynamo (Versions 1 through 6),

Titanium Man (1 and 2),

Iron Monger,

Arsenal,

Coloruma,

Ctyoclops,

Firepower,

Force,

Mauler,

Ultimo,

Ultron (all kinds of versions),

Doom Bots,

even the Vault Guardsmen went up against him.

Iron Man's enemies also being technology or enhanced suit based has been a common theme going almost all the way back to the beginning. Hard to fault them for using something that's permanently fused with his mythos.

(thumbs u

I enjoyed as much as the original.

Ditto