• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Label question

14 posts in this topic

Ok I am getting ready to send in some very rare book Signed and numbered limited to 50 I have seen these issues sell on ebay nonslabbed for $80-100 now I send them in to get grade and because of the signature (note I have COA) this don't matter to CGC and they green Label the books. 893whatthe.gif

Now for my question will this degrade the value of my comics should I even bother or will this increase the value of my comic and I will be a happy comic book guy thumbsup2.gif

cgc does not consider any signature real unless they witness it.Then it gets the yellow signature series label. You got a qualified label since the book has writing on the cover. I do not think that they degrade the book because of the writing it is just that they say that the book would be a "whatever grade" if it did not have writing on the cover...your book should still sell for the same, but I would not expect the crazy money that some people buy/sell 9.8+ for...

Thank you both I wanted to make an educated desision and from what I have seen and now heard I think I will just keep these as they are and just send in other rare books not signed unless I can do it under the sig series........ again thank you

Chaotic God devil.gif

Thank you both I wanted to make an educated desision and from what I have seen and now heard I think I will just keep these as they are and just send in other rare books not signed unless I can do it under the sig series........ again thank you

Chaotic God devil.gif

If they are already signed, then you won't be able to get them done for the Signature Series. CGC has to witness it.

oh I know That's what I mean though I will kepp all my sig books un-slabbed and only get slabbed sigs when they do them at the cons 893applaud-thumb.gif

It;s just kinda harsh on someone that has 60% or more of thier collection with sig and am finding out that it's rare people like sigs makepoint.gif

Ok here is another question lets say I slab books without sigs Blue Label then have the holder signed would this be a waste too? 893whatthe.gif

sorry for al the questions just trying to figure out how I will continue to do my collection

CRAZY QUESTION...

What if you have a book that's been signed before and you submit that for a signature series book? What color label would it be? What if it was a restored book? Should CGC consider rainbow colored labels? Scratch that last suggestion, we all know what rainbows symbolize.

CRAZY QUESTION...

What if you have a book that's been signed before and you submit that for a signature series book? What color label would it be? What if it was a restored book? Should CGC consider rainbow colored labels? Scratch that last suggestion, we all know what rainbows symbolize.

Signature Series have to be witnessed by CGC to get the yellow label.

CRAZY QUESTION...

Signature Series have to be witnessed by CGC to get the yellow label.

Yeah that's my question Alex.

What if it was a restored book?

I can answer this question as it happened to me. If a restored book is submitted for signature series, the restoration takes priority and you get the purple label. To make matters worse, the signature(s) is considered a detraction to the grade and therefore, the grade of the book is further reduced. Bascially, a double-whammy. boo.gif