• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek pitch

14 posts in this topic

lol

If Gene Roddenberry’s original concept for “Star Trek” had boldly gone forward without a whole lot of tweaks, life on the U.S.S. Enterprise would have been very different. For instance, there would have been no U.S.S. Enterprise.

Instead, the S.S. Yorktown would have ferried its crew across space in what Roddenberry described as a “Wagon Train” story. And rather than having Captain Kirk or even Captain Pike leading the way, Captain Robert April — a character familiar only to die-hard Trekkers (and even then, in cartoon form) — was the imagined main man.

Some of the other characters in the pitch made it to the small screen briefly, such as female first officer Number One and ship’s doctor Philip Boyce, both from the pilot episode of the '60s show. Only one character made it all the way: Mr. Spock. Well, sort of. Spock 1.0 was described as a “satanic” looking, reddish half-Martian but ... close enough.

In reading some of the longer manuscript, he outlines some plots for some episodes. Very close to the plots that were actually used in the series.

That last one is the plot of an EC Weird Science story - and probably wasn't original then.

Blasphemy. I refuse to read it :sumo:

May you be transported from a malfunctional transporter nacelle in the very near future.

Transporters don't have nacelles.

:whee:

The Geek meter just went beserk! ha ha!

May you be transported from a malfunctional transporter nacelle in the very near future.

Come on. Everyone knows the nacelles are the twin tubal parts of the Enterprise that hold the propulsion equipment behind the saucer section of the ship.

au_loknar_10-AddingtheNacelles.jpg

Come on. Everyone knows the nacelles are the twin tubal parts of the Enterprise that hold the propulsion equipment behind the saucer section of the ship.

au_loknar_10-AddingtheNacelles.jpg

I agree. . .and if they don't they should be ashamed.

Very interesting read! (thumbs u

I thought it was funny when I saw in the pitch that he said:

"Crew sidearms are rifles and pistols with an adjustment and will fire simple bullets, explosive projectiles, or hypodermic pellets which stun or tranquilize."

hm

"Crew sidearms are rifles and pistols with an adjustment and will fire simple bullets, explosive projectiles, or hypodermic pellets which stun or tranquilize."

hm

Well he had the stun part right!

hm

Well he had the stun part right!

:signfunny: