• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wolverine - Jackman Goes to Japan!

62 posts in this topic

Haven't heard much buzz about this film, but it looks like it could be a winner. Hugh Jackman and Darren Aronofsky taking on what looks to be the Logan in Japan storyline from the first Wolverine mini.

I'm glad they've decided to just ignore what happened in the first solo Wolverine movie. It started out okay and then just went into the crapper about halfway through.

Looking forward to this one!

I'm almost scared to say that this one actually sounds like it might be good. I was reading that Arnofsky is having Jackman bulk up more this time around to make Wolverine look shorter and stockier like he's supposed to. He looked too talk in the last one. Seems they might actually get this one right...Claremont and Miller are involved in the writing as well from what I've read. I won't get my hopes up, but I'm keeping it positive at least.

I'm almost scared to say that this one actually sounds like it might be good. I was reading that Arnofsky is having Jackman bulk up more this time around to make Wolverine look shorter and stockier like he's supposed to. He looked too talk in the last one. Seems they might actually get this one right...Claremont and Miller are involved in the writing as well from what I've read. I won't get my hopes up, but I'm keeping it positive at least.

The -script will have 1200 pages of dialogue. lol

Jackman is too tall to be Wolverine...

So was this fellow to play Gimli (John Rhys-Davies is over 6' tall), and yet movie magic made it work perfectly.

gimli.jpg

Lord of the Rings :sick:

I am sorry my fanboy friends, but that movie sucked as bad a Twilight.

FF button is the only way I could make it through those two -fests.

Haven't heard much buzz about this film, but it looks like it could be a winner. Hugh Jackman and Darren Aronofsky taking on what looks to be the Logan in Japan storyline from the first Wolverine mini.

I'm glad they've decided to just ignore what happened in the first solo Wolverine movie. It started out okay and then just went into the crapper about halfway through.

Looking forward to this one!

Me too!

:wishluck:

Saw this article yesterday concerning the movie:

Hugh Jackman Consuming 6000 calories a day for Wolverine Role

While most celebrities struggle to stay lean, Hugh Jackman is busy packing on the pounds. The actor has been ordered by director Darren Aronofsky to bulk up for the new Wolverine movie.

"Right now, I’m at 210," he tells the L.A. Times of his current weight, which is the result of an intense diet and workout regime. "It’s 6,000 calories a day," he says. "It’s rough."

Jackman, 42, was closer to 190 pounds when he made 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," but Aronofsky insisted he add muscle for the latest film.

"Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"

Jackman adds that he is pumped about the upcoming "The Wolverine," which, as Marquee previously reported, is not a sequel but a stand-alone film. In it, the razor-clawed Marvel hero will go into battle to win the heart of a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage was already promised to another man.

"I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie," says Jackman. "I think we’re going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch."

Saw this article yesterday concerning the movie:

Hugh Jackman Consuming 6000 calories a day for Wolverine Role

While most celebrities struggle to stay lean, Hugh Jackman is busy packing on the pounds. The actor has been ordered by director Darren Aronofsky to bulk up for the new Wolverine movie.

"Right now, Im at 210," he tells the L.A. Times of his current weight, which is the result of an intense diet and workout regime. "Its 6,000 calories a day," he says. "Its rough."

Jackman, 42, was closer to 190 pounds when he made 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," but Aronofsky insisted he add muscle for the latest film.

"Darren said with the last one, Hey you looked great, but youre so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and thats not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, hes short and thick. So he said, I want you to go there, get bigger."

Jackman adds that he is pumped about the upcoming "The Wolverine," which, as Marquee previously reported, is not a sequel but a stand-alone film. In it, the razor-clawed Marvel hero will go into battle to win the heart of a Japanese woman whose hand in marriage was already promised to another man.

"I feel like all the planets are finally aligned to make a great movie," says Jackman. "I think were going to make one that people will describe as the best of the bunch."

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whee: