• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Unhappy kids

315 posts in this topic

That is AWESOME! "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but in the end, produces a harvest of good behavior." :cloud9:

Not sure they had to actually post a picture of the kid bawling on the internet though hm

That seems a little much to me. That kid will probably have a printed screenshot of that pic in about 10 years when he walks into a place and starts shooting it up :eek:

I'm all for discipline, especially as coddled and spoiled as these freaking kids are today but still seems a little over the top to post that pic in the auction imo.

It will make them think twice about destroying mom and dad's things, eh...?

It's a LIGHT punishment, all things considered.

Did you see that picture? Those kids look to be about 8 and 6. From the amount of Beyblades in that bag and their relative cost each, it would not be an unwise assumption that these were collected over some time. These toys are clearly marked ages 8 and up. So you have another parent giving their child a toy meant for older children and then blaming their faulty parenting on their laziness. Now that there are consequences it's up to the person with the least ability to tell right from wrong and the person who's too young to realize he was given a toy dangerous enough to destroy a hardened material (far harder than a child's skin) to pay the bill.

Are we supposed to believe they did all that damage in one play session? Or is it more likely this happened over the course of time and the parents never supervised their children closely enough to notice the damage.

If these beyblade can slice through porcelain this badly in one play session, I wonder why these parents weren't finding (or worrying about) giant gashes on their children's bodies.

The ebay genius never mentioned telling his kids in advance not to play in the bathtub. I wonder if he ever did. Or if, after seeing the damage, decided it was their fault anyway because 6 year olds are world renowned for being able to calculate the consequences of their actions without parental instruction beforehand.

This is poor parenting. Opening up your children to world wide ridicule because of, what seems like, lazy and poor parenting in the first place isn't teaching your kids to not play in the bathtub, it's teaching them that their father is a massive person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he can't be trusted to not take out his failures on them.

There are probably 100 ways to teach these kids a lesson about responsibility with property and money that don't involve destroying their self esteem or outing them publicly.

I agree RMA these kids will never forget this. When they 17 and their dad wakes up with a pillow over his face he won't have to guess who it is, or more likely, when the father is elderly and in need of care I am sure the kids will make sure the state home for the elderly has a nice shiny bathtub for him.

As a father of an 8 year old and a 6 year old , I think you are pretty much spot on. So instead of adding anything to it all I will say is good post.

You said it better than I could have anyway. (thumbs u

So mean!

vwpo4g.jpg

The child holding the bag does'nt look to upset. He actually looks a little pizzed.

DR.X

The kid holding the bag is already planning revenge and it won't take long to talk the cryer into it.

So mean!

vwpo4g.jpg

The child holding the bag does'nt look to upset. He actually looks a little pizzed.

DR.X

That is because he is plotting for the future...

That is AWESOME! "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but in the end, produces a harvest of good behavior." :cloud9:

Not sure they had to actually post a picture of the kid bawling on the internet though hm

That seems a little much to me. That kid will probably have a printed screenshot of that pic in about 10 years when he walks into a place and starts shooting it up :eek:

I'm all for discipline, especially as coddled and spoiled as these freaking kids are today but still seems a little over the top to post that pic in the auction imo.

Did you see that picture? Those kids look to be about 8 and 6. From the amount of Beyblades in that bag and their relative cost each, it would not be an unwise assumption that these were collected over some time. These toys are clearly marked ages 8 and up. So you have another parent giving their child a toy meant for older children and then blaming their faulty parenting and their laziness on the people least capable of making those decisions. Now that there are consequences it's up to the person with the least ability to tell right from wrong and the person who's too young to realize he was given a toy dangerous enough to destroy a hardened material (far harder than a child's skin) to pay the bill.

Are we supposed to believe they did all that damage in one play session? Or is it more likely this happened over the course of time and the parents never supervised their children closely enough to notice the damage.

If these beyblade can slice through porcelain this badly in one play session, I wonder why these parents weren't finding (or worrying about) giant gashes on their children's bodies.

The ebay genius never mentioned telling his kids in advance not to play in the bathtub. I wonder if he ever did. Or if, after seeing the damage, decided it was their fault anyway because 6 year olds are world renowned for being able to calculate the consequences of their actions without parental instruction beforehand.

This is poor parenting. Opening up your children to world wide ridicule because of, what seems like, lazy and poor parenting in the first place isn't teaching your kids to not play in the bathtub, it's teaching them that their father is a massive person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and he can't be trusted to not take out his failures on them.

There are probably 100 ways to teach these kids a lesson about responsibility with property and money that don't involve destroying their self esteem or outing them publicly.

I agree RMA these kids will never forget this. When they 17 and their dad wakes up with a pillow over his face he won't have to guess who it is, or more likely, when the father is elderly and in need of care I am sure the kids will make sure the state home for the elderly has a nice shiny bathtub for him.

Your conclusions are built on assumptions that cannot be proved.

I tend to think that these apparent 6 and 8 year olds are NOT being exposed to "world wide ridicule" (mainly because I doubt they are reading these, or ANY message boards where it might be broadcast, nor are they receiving feedback through the auction), and I GUARANTEE you, there are lots and lots of kids who would have HAPPILY chosen this punishment over other, much more physical forms of punishment.

I know I would.

Anyone imagining these kids will be permanently scarred because of this is ludicrous, at best.

Discipline does not make murderers. Quite the contrary.

No, but public humiliation can (thumbs u

No worries for you then - AF15's will always be cool. (thumbs u

There are far better ways to show those kids that what they did was wrong. Of course we don't know the full story. Were they told not to do it but decided to do it regardless? Did they just happen on the idea and did it without the parents knowing? I think there is far better ways to deal with the incident, however people have their own ideas on how they should parent their own kids.

Discipline does not make murderers. Quite the contrary.

No, but public humiliation can (thumbs u

Ever read about the home and school life of the Columbine killers? It's not a new concept.

Yeah...their parents didn't give a damn about them.

Big shock.

So, judging from the concensus it looks as if the parents are about to be imminently slaughtered.

I certainly hope not but the public humiliation is just that...humiliating. Due to the fact that it is on Ebay, it is a little more public than just hollering at your child in the supermarket and walking out.

I can't say these two are going to be Menendez part two but cmon man, some people need to think these things through.

I have no issue with the parents being upset with the kids, or selling their toys and taking their piggy bank money, or even telling the story on Ebay. They have crossed the line when they included the picture on the auction. It serves no purpose other than to humiliate the kids. That is not parenting.

So, judging from the consensus it looks as if the parents are about to be imminently slaughtered.

Of course they are. Can't you tell those children are angels? They would never do anything wrong or disobey... just look at them. You can tell they're as innocent as snow.

Oh, and I forgot. No one is ever responsible for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault. Get with the programme. Seesh.

Your conclusions are built on assumptions that cannot be proved.

I tend to think that these apparent 6 and 8 year olds are NOT being exposed to "world wide ridicule", and I GUARANTEE you, there are lots and lots of kids who would have HAPPILY chosen this punishment over other, much more physical forms of punishment.

I know I would.

Anyone imagining these kids will be permanently scarred because of this is ludicrous, at best.

Please, this has all the hallmarks of poor and lazy parenting. Give your kids a dangerous toy that they should not have in the first place and then sell off all their possessions to pay for damage that would have been avoided if you just put your beer down and taught them about life instead of inflicting life upon them.

Perhaps you should read the BIO of "The Star Wars Kid" first before making up your mind as to how ludicrous it is to think that people can be scarred by this type of thing on the internet.

Or perhaps the student who committed suicide when he was outed on the internet.

Things posted on the internet are there FOREVER, and these two would not be the first to have permanent damage done to them.

I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. I am sure these kids would prefer this punishment over physical punishment but there are DOZENS of ways to teach these children a lesson that don't involve EITHER.

The lazy, the stupid, and the immature parents jump to either physical punishment or humiliation on this magnitude in place of real parenting. Mature, caring adults realize that you can teach your children life lessons that lead to them being responsible adults with neither of the punishments you mention being employed.

It's harder and it takes longer to teach your kids lessons instead of reacting this way, and it takes more work to treat your kids with respect, but showing them how respect works is the quickest way to them showing respect themselves.

These kids are getting shown FEAR right now. They are probably being shown anger on a pretty good scale as well. These aren't 16 year olds who got into a car accident and have to pay the bill. They are small and young children that could be taking lessons from this that would serve them in their entire life, but instead they get to learn that their dad pulled a giant move on them instead.

Lazy parents are the ones who treat their kids as inmates and see themselves as the warden. I am about as strict as they come with my kids, but I always do it with love, understanding, and with the thought in my mind that I am trying to teach my kids something to help them through life.

So, judging from the consensus it looks as if the parents are about to be imminently slaughtered.

Of course they are. Can't you tell those children are angels? They would never do anything wrong or disobey... just look at them. You can tell they're as innocent as snow.

Oh, and I forgot. No one is ever responsible for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault. Get with the programme. Seesh.

Lazy , recliner jockey, "get me my turkey pot pie", parents might think that making sure they learn to take responsibility and THIS are the same thing.

Those kids could be total individual_without_enough_empathys, I dunno, all I know is nothing about posting that picture on the internet is going to make them LESS of individual_without_enough_empathys.

The kid holding the bag is already planning revenge and it won't take long to talk the cryer into it.

lol

Some of you are nutty. :luhv:

I was joking around about that.

99,999 out of 100,000 they won't do anything at all to their parent. There's always a Menendez to account for, but that's a statistical anomaly.

However, daddy should not wonder why he's in a state rest home instead of living with Bobby or Jimmy when the time comes. Hope he enjoys the shiny porcelain in the communal bathroom.