• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With which issue do you think the art on Green Lantern peaked?

26 posts in this topic

I think there are some really good covers among the first 10 too, most notably #2 and #8.

Honestly its too bad that you have to look so hard to find really great cover for a good character, one thing DC forgot how to do for a long time. Even you will admit that Marvel spoiled their readers on a regular basis with tons of great covers. :baiting:

If you want runs of good/great SA DC covers look to the big five war titles.

No arguement here just enjoy whenever I can give Tim a :baiting: over those darn DC's he wasted his youth on. :grin:

tumblr_leho2mvPXB1qceu3oo1_500.png

yes DC put out some great books as well.

They must have had Murphy Anderson re-draw Guy's face. That aint Gil Kane on Guy Gardners face.

I'd say it's Murphy Anderson's inks over Gil Kane's pencils on that cover.

(shrug)

tumblr_leho2mvPXB1qceu3oo1_500.png

yes DC put out some great books as well.

They must have had Murphy Anderson re-draw Guy's face. That aint Gil Kane on Guy Gardners face.

I'd say it's Murphy Anderson's inks over Gil Kane's pencils on that cover.

(shrug)

Yes it is, but it looks like Guy's face was redrawn by Anderson. I see nothing of Kane in Guy's face.

I think there are some really good covers among the first 10 too, most notably #2 and #8.

Honestly its too bad that you have to look so hard to find really great cover for a good character, one thing DC forgot how to do for a long time. Even you will admit that Marvel spoiled their readers on a regular basis with tons of great covers. :baiting:

I have no problem admitting that at all. I was a Marvel Zombie long before I started collecting DCs.

If collecting SA Marvels involved more of a challenge than just whipping out my wallet, I would probably still be a Marvel collector. :baiting: