• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Venom? WTF?

76 posts in this topic

ac667735.jpg

Let the water run off your back, papa bear. I'm sure Mr. Ramos doesn't give two about internet haters

I always wondered about that phrase....

Does that mean he does give one?

And by "give" does he mean that internet haters cause him to mess or refrain from ting more than twice?

I am going to email Mythbusters.

ac667735.jpg

Let the water run off your back, papa bear. I'm sure Mr. Ramos doesn't give two about internet haters

I always wondered about that phrase....

Does that mean he does give one?

And by "give" does he mean that internet haters cause him to mess or refrain from ting more than twice?

I am going to email Mythbusters.

I am humbled (worship)

Here they are side by side... you've got to be able to tell that this is a new drawing intending to evoke the ASM 300 image and not a trace job. There are so many differences in pose and proportion that if you look at them for more than 2 seconds you will be able to see that pretty easily. It's everything I remember fondly about ASM 300 in something that's new in its own way.

asm300-31.jpgvenom_2_cover_by_eraserx-d389e8x.jpg

the angle of the gun is what kills it for me. just doesn't look good pointing the gun that way.

Why the would you be shooting behind you anyways? doh!

Give me a damn break Marvel, you approved this mess.

Here they are side by side... you've got to be able to tell that this is a new drawing intending to evoke the ASM 300 image and not a trace job. There are so many differences in pose and proportion that if you look at them for more than 2 seconds you will be able to see that pretty easily. It's everything I remember fondly about ASM 300 in something that's new in its own way.

asm300-31.jpgvenom_2_cover_by_eraserx-d389e8x.jpg

the angle of the gun is what kills it for me. just doesn't look good pointing the gun that way.

Why the would you be shooting behind you anyways? doh!

Give me a damn break Marvel, you approved this mess.

I agree, I am totally disappointed in the level of realism in this alien symbiote swinging from a "web" comic book cover. Like he'd really wear BOOTS. :insane:

ac667735.jpg

I like Ramos. Not for every book and/or character but its a nice variation in style. Reminds me why I like comics....

Reminds me of what's wrong with American comics today - the manga influence. Terrible art. Now if Ramos wants to do his own book, like Crimson, hey go for it! Just don't ruin the regular Marvel/DC characters any more. Go indy, and take Bachalo, Joe Mad, Skottie Young and the rest with you...

ac667735.jpg

I like Ramos. Not for every book and/or character but its a nice variation in style. Reminds me why I like comics....

Reminds me of what's wrong with American comics today - the manga influence. Terrible art. Now if Ramos wants to do his own book, like Crimson, hey go for it! Just don't ruin the regular Marvel/DC characters any more. Go indy, and take Bachalo, Joe Mad, Skottie Young and the rest with you...

Take it up with the editors at Marvel, the people that actually decide what artist works on what title. And I would love to see Ramos back on an indy book.

And I would love to see Ramos back on an indy book.

Hey, we agree on something!

108740.jpg

WTF is this mess?

Wolverine's Cousin....from Africa.....Girafferine.

Who cares. Ramos can draw whatever he wants. He's getting paid good money, and people are buying his books.

I have no problem with him. He draws action well, tells a story well, and he is free to let the characters look however his minds eye sees them. That's part of being an artist, creating.

It's not like he is not skilled. He has a ton of talent, he's not like the guys that draw no feet, or huge wrists and tiny heads because he doesn't know how to do better. He creates, and I have a lot of respect for that.

Still, I think Girafferine is funny. :P